Mexico Dr FInalist

JudeS
on 1/29/14 10:18 am - Sulpur, LA

Been researching and have pretty much settled on these 3 surgeons in Mexico:

Ariel Ortiz, Obesity Control Center

Guilleremo Alvarez,  Endobariatric

Dr. Lopez,  Specialized Bariatrics

Any info on any of them would be GRATEFULLY appreciated. If you don't want to post it here, please PM me.

Dr. Lopez is the cheapest then Dr. Ortiz and Dr. Alvarez. Money is not the only consideration though. I am looking at having Lapband removed and a sleeve put in place. 

I go see my primary care physician on Friday, 1/31/13 and if I get his blessing want to move on it as soon as I can. 

TIA

thinmeskreamin
on 1/29/14 11:44 am

Hi Tia, 

I very happily have surgery scheduled next Thursday,  february 6th with dr lopez. 

After much research i felt his team a good choice.  if i had the funds, my other 

Choice might have been ariel ortiz or pompa, because they are bariatric centers of excellence.

Karen

this_isforme
on 1/31/14 1:00 am
with

I am choosing Dr Alvarez, he seems to have an open line of communication to all of his current and former patients and I personally like and need that for myself.  Once I am ready to move on after my surgery, after I re-learn how to eat with a sleeve, I am comfortable and happy, then I can comfortably do that too.  Don't mean to sound needy, but in this case, I am.

goleftoklahoma
on 2/13/14 12:57 am
VSG on 01/24/14

All 3 are great surgeons from what I've heard, and I too was considering at 1 time all 3.  I chose Dr Ariel Ortiz from OCC.  I am 100% happy and satisfied with my choice.  he is an awesome surgeon I had ZERO pain.  And of the 3 he is the cheapest.  Ask for the winter special 6k total.  Best luck.

tbone88
on 2/24/14 1:36 am - MO

Dont let money be your determining factor....I did (lopez) and regret it everyday

Cmenow1
on 3/16/14 8:23 am

Can you tell me about this Dr please?

Mj158
on 3/16/14 8:53 am - Port Richey, FL

I had surgery February 22 with Dr Lopez. He and his staff are the best!! Good luck in your journey! 

O'ya I'm down 24lbs since surgery.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views