Dr.A. Lopez/ Dr.Corvala anyone???

ccshope
on 11/25/13 9:54 pm - calverton, NY

Can anyone help me with any information on either Dr Alejandro Lopez or Dr Corvala in Tj ?? There does not seem to be much patient feedback on either. For some reason I think Dr Corvala may have trained Dr Lopez. (?) and I believe  Dr Lopez know has a new clinic, but I have read nothing on the message boards. Appreciate any info that can be passed to me?

tbone88
on 12/4/13 7:56 am - MO

i used dr a. lopez in july. he sucks. is arrogant. didnt ever come to check on me like i was told he would. i had another dr show up the next day to look at me. he didnt do the surgery as promised. i would not wish him upon anyone. there is a reason he is cheaper than other surgeons and he had to open up his own practice because alighterme had so many complaints they dropped him back in late august or early september. he is like an assembly line factory worker. had 7 patients scheduled in one day. at about 2 hours per surgery he cuts corners. i was tight on money that is why i used him. i wish i would have saved about 3000 more dollars and used a better surgeon

tbone88
on 12/4/13 8:04 am - MO

i had to be taken back into surgery because my drain kept pumping out blood. this was after the second dr came and saw me. Since dr lopez was to busy to check on  me to see what was wrong...and in my opinion when you do a surgery and there is a complication you fix it immediatley. you dont continue slicing on the assembly line to make more money.

this_isforme
on 12/4/13 9:55 am
with

Thanks for sharing your experience tbone.  I agree with you, you should have been the doctor's priority.  I am glad you are okay after all that.  

ccshope
on 12/4/13 11:42 am - calverton, NY

Thanks for giving me a heads up! That's so scary. Did you see him in the new clinic or was he still with A lighter me? I did hear they parted ways. I'm really sorry that happened. Hope your doing well now.

cerenatee
on 12/4/13 7:55 pm

I had Doctor Lopez in May 2013 and I would HIGHLY recommend him. He did my surgery and it came out perfect. Did he check on me after surgery? No. The other surgeon, the one who assisted, did. The other surgeon also came to see me at the hotel. Do I care? No. I needed a GREAT surgeon and a point of contact. I could care less if they were the same person. Dr. Lopez is just busy. He's a great surgeon at an affordable price and he's in high demand. Plus he splits his time between Tijuana, Guadalajara, and Puerto Vallarta, so when he's in either place, he's booked from that morning to that night. That being said, I was never abandoned. I always had someone either with me or that I could call if I needed them. The great thing is, other than a Walmart run, I didn't need them. 

I choose Doctor Lopez because of his credentials and his staff. He regularly attends conferences in the US and Mexico, he did his residency in the US, and he's a member of the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.

I only met the man once and I completely adore him. My surgery went perfect, my sleeve is perfect, and that's all I wanted. I started at 260 lbs at 5'8". Six months after surgery, I'm down 82 lbs with only 30 lbs to go to meet goal of 140-145 lbs. Plus I still can't eat more than 1/2 cup of food, a lot less if I do mostly protein, so I'm confident of my long-term maintenance when I do reach goal.

I also had my surgery coordinated through A Lighter Me so if I have any questions now, I shoot them an email and I get a response - usually a call - within hours.

That's my experience. If you want a great surgeon that will hold your hands, that is not Doctor Lopez. If you want a great surgeon, with great results, at a great price, and great aftercare, regardless of who provides it, that's Dr. Lopez. 

I'm rarely on here - I just came to get recommendations for a cosmetic surgeon in Mexico since my boobs are flattening out :( - but if you have any questions, just message me. I'll check back ever so often to answer them.

Good luck and be blessed.

Dbrh2727
on 12/5/13 1:20 am

Can you give me a number for doctor Lopez?  Also, everyone and I mean everyone that goes to dr. Sauceda in montery mx~~~everyone I have read who has used him, adores him and his work!  He is going to be in Vegas and is sceduleing appts.  Now.  Look him up! 

ccshope
on 12/5/13 7:28 am - calverton, NY

Thanks for your reply. You have a lot of great points. There are plenty of surgeons right here in the U.S. that let their associate Dr.s take care of patient after care. That's how they train under a senior surgeon. I just still haven't found anyone that has used the 'new facility.  I'm really glad you had such a great experience, especially since I am booked for my surgery with him on 1/11/14. 

tbone88
on 12/5/13 7:29 am - MO

I just read his BIO on his website and he didnt do any residency work here in the US. And as far a certifications go anyone who pays to go to a medicalseminar  or a medical conference and pays their membership dues will get a "board certified certificate" It is not like they have to go and pass a rigorous exam and training every few years to keep the "certificate"

tbone88
on 12/5/13 7:19 am - MO

My main problems with him was not that he didnt hold my hand its that when I had a problem he was to busy to take care of it. I could see the look of fear and concern in the nurses faces and the other Dr that came to check on me concerning my bleeding drain. I actually had Dr Ortiz come check on me and then Dr Valenzuela and her husband come to check me before Dr Lopez decided to open my back up. My second problem was I paid for a certain procedure a gastric bypass revision (original surgery 2000). And I didnt get another RNY bypass like I was told would happen. all I was given was more intestine bypassed. Since then I have had constant diarrhea, severe severe severe gas with pain. I had an endoscope done here in the states and my Dr said he has no idea why my pouch and stoma didnt get touched because they are both stretched out. I have also been on the phone with Dr Aceves. He said that he has run into this with many other Mexican surgeons that they just dont have the experience to do a full blown revision the way it needs to be done. That said if I would have been told before I paid Dr Lopez that he wouldnt do the full revision I would have saved some more money and had a more experienced Dr. 

And you are right Dr Lopez is very very busy. and most people do have a good experience with him. I didnt. I truly believe he should not perform that many surgeries in 1 day. I am just glad I was the 3rd surgery of the day and not the 6th. I was taken to the O.R. at 3 was awake back in my room by 530.so his last surgery of the day was probably started around 8-9 pm. I am sure the 1st surgery of the day had less shortcuts than the last one o the day.

By all means if money is your top reason for going than pick him. I was one of the small percent who had a bad experience. Than again maybe I am the only one on here who will say that. You figure a Dr who makes that much money for a company like Alighterme wouldnt get dropped. But he did because they DID have so many complaints against him. So take that also into consideration when picking a Dr, because to me that says alot. Just like you wouldnt pick a Dr that I have seen on here that has been fired from 4-5 different hospitals. I am just saying do your research speak to the Dr before you ever pay them any money. dont just email them and hope they are the ones actually answering your questions. Pick up the phone and call them. ask ask ask questions feel comfortable in your choices. I felt comfortable with Dr Lopez because I went in with blinders on thinking oh he has this and that credential he must be great and no one has had anything to say bad about him. The coordinator with Alighterme had all the answers I asked and the ones they didnt have I was told they would ask the Dr and get back to me. Which they did. I can honestly say that that the staff at Alighterme was great.

And one last thing. Just because the Dr had this or that training and this or that certification guess what. They still call the last guy in Medical school Dr weather he gets an A+ or a D- he is still called Dr.

LOL just my 2 cents. now give me a penny for your thoughts. and uncle sam will take the left over penny from us for taxes

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views