Surgery with Dr. Ortiz-October 7, 2013

LaceyKitN
on 9/22/13 7:26 am - Olympia, WA

Hello Everybody,

My name is Michelle and I live in Washington State.  I am a band revision to a sleeve (originally banded by Dr. Ortiz) and will be travelling to MX on October 7, 2013 to have the band removed and have a revision to a sleeve.  I am excited for the new chance but very nervous.  I am VERY confident about my choice of surgeons..Dr. Ortiz did an Excellent job the first time and he'll take care of me again..I guess I'm just scared of having 10 years of scar tissue to have to be scraped off.  First I'll be hitting the Obesity Help conference in Anaheim on October 4-5 and then heading to Mexico. Didn't I time that perfectly?  :)

I had a support person that was coming with me but she backed out so I'm scared about being in the hotel recuperating by myself.  I know this surgery is more extensive then the band.  It's longer..you have a drain, etc.  Can some of the people who went by themselves respond and tell me how you did?  (Note...I'm not an independent person normally so this won't just be an easy thing for me....) but I'll do it because I have to...I'm just scared.

Michelle
43 years old--lost 180 pounds initially with the lap band.lowest weight I got to was 180..never did get to goal..starting putting weight back on..I'm at 220 right now...READY to get back to losing and maybe..just maybe getting to goal this time.

tbone88
on 9/27/13 5:56 am - MO

I went to TJ by myself in in July and had a revision surgery. Dr Lopez did the surgery with the assist of Dr Ortiz. It was fine the Marriott is very nice and just about everyone at teh hotel speaks english. Dr Ortiz came to my room 2 times while I was there to check on me and remove my drain.

Robbin
on 9/27/13 8:20 pm - OK

I was banded by Dr. Ortiz in Jan 2007.  I had someone with me for the initial procedure but went back a couple times alone for the fills. The only concerns I ever had was the border, but that went fine as well.  Crazy, but once I even walked over the border to save money, then caught a cab to the hotel.

I wish I could just spend my life flying with people for support to Dr. Ortiz. I loved him, never had better care, EVER and he changed my life 180 degrees!

Thoughts and prayers as you go.

Dbrh2727
on 12/26/13 9:59 am

I'm going in February and I've chosen doctor lopez, I'll be at the same hospital.   I also considered dr Ortiz.  Help 

Deborah. 

kimlateda
on 10/3/13 8:43 am
I think that you and the other person that are talking about dr.ortiz...... might just be taking about 2 differant doctors. Dr. Ellias ortiz in tj works with dr.lopez. the other dr. Areil ortiz is another wlsurgen.. I have been having issues trying to tell who people are talking about. Trying to get info on dr. Ellias Ortiz in tj I would like to use him for my wls. Do you have any info?
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views