Nova Hospital and Dr. Ramos Kelly

RockyRitz
on 8/26/13 6:01 am - CA
Yes I too have read all of that. I also think Dr. Kelly's coordinator, Alina, was causing me to have more concerns because her emails were always incomplete and she wasn't very responsive. However, a couple days ago I got am email from Lora Lee stating that Alina was no longer working for Dr. Kelly and that she (Lora Lee) would be handling everything if I wish to proceed. So I am keeping that door open for now so I can get all the info I wanted in the first place. Lora Lee is great, she also said I could meet with Dr. Kelly in person before committing to surgery with him, which I really like. What a difference a coordinator can make!

Also I've been gathering info from OCC with Dr. Ariel Ortiz. All his coordinator, Carolyn wants to do is shove everything down my throat. I don't understand why so many people on here talk highly of them. Don't mistake a saleswoman for kindness. Her emails are a jumbled mess for one. Then she "assumed the sale" just like care salesmen are taught to do, gave me a surgery date without my asking and sent me new patient forms to fill out saying I had to pay $500 deposit within 24 hours! I wasn't going to let someone rush me into a decision. I asked her if she could also inform the Dr. Of a condition I have that I want to make sure won't be affected by surgery. Her response was something like, I'll pass along your note and if you haven't paid your deposit yet, it's past due. What the eff? It's obvious money is paramount and not my health so OCC can suck it.

So that's what I've been dealing with. The only completely good experience I've had thus far has been with Dr. Aceves' office, but I have started to explore more self pay options here in the states.
ksmithwoods
on 8/27/13 2:07 am - San Jose, CA
VSG on 07/10/13

I had Surgery at Nova with Dr Kelly on July 10th.  Lori was my coordinator.  Everything went as expected and everyone was great.  I took home a copy of my x-rays, leak test, as well as a print out of my tests etc. Dont worry about the fact that Dr Kelly changed Hosiptals.  He changed so he could have more control of the process.

Go have your surgery and relax.  All will be well.

Kathy

Chaychee
on 9/6/13 1:06 am
RNY on 10/14/13

I recently met with a past RNY patient of Dr. Kelly's and she told me that he came to check on her the day after her surgery and he was snockered drunk or else high on something....I was going to use him but now I think I've changed my mind.  I can't say that it is 100% true because I'm not speaking about personal experience, but I"m just saying what his past patient told me.

RockyRitz
on 9/6/13 3:32 am - CA
You know, at this point, I wouldn't doubt anything. After Lora Lee wrote me saying Alina was no longer working for Dr. Kelly, I got another email from Alina! She was sending some paperwork??? They've obviously not got their (explative) together and when I'm having major surgery that kind of service just doesn't cut it. I've also decided against Mexico altogether and found a surgeon here in the States I will go with even though it's a little more than twice the cost. My main reason is after considering the worst case scenario (death), I decided it would be the most selfish thing I could do to my 4 year old son to do this in Mexico. My family may never get real answers to how or why I died for one. The Mexico regulations are not nearly as strict as our own for investigating death and/or malpractice at the hands of Doctors. And two, no death benefits will be paid if I chose to have this surgery out of the country. Two HUGE reasons for me to stay in the US. Not that I plan on complications but death is something that should be considered any time you undergo surgery. In the worst case scenario I want my family left in the best case scenario.
borrada
on 9/10/13 2:45 am - FL
(deactivated member)
on 6/30/14 4:08 am - LA
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views