What about post-op care???

Labyrinth
on 8/14/13 9:09 am

So where do I go or how do I go about looking into post-op care? Like, who's gonna take out my drains? And everything else I may need?? I'm especially interested to hear from those who are in FL or other locations where they do not perform the DS.  THanks!!

Jslice
on 8/14/13 2:39 pm

The surgeon will be the one *****moves your drain after a few days. Good question (I googled this too...lol) 

hollykim
on 8/16/13 12:05 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Your drain will be removed before you leave Mx. You need to get your PCP on board for your after care and labs,etc. if your current PCP won't do your aftercare,you need to find one who WILL,and before you go toMX for your surgery,ESP if you are getting the DS.
GL

lucasnlaken
on 8/16/13 7:51 am - Santa Rosa Beach, FL
VSG on 08/12/13

I just came back from surgery in Mexico and had my drain removed here at the ER but that is not the usual case.  Your surgeon removes it there in Mexico before you leave.  While at the ER that was the first question he asked me was "who is doing your aftercare?" He called my PCP and he agreed to do this and I will go in and see him on Monday.  I am glad I went to the ER though because they checked my blood and I was low on potassium.  I have a RX for it now but it made me very aware of how important the aftercare is.  They also gave me a RX for pain meds that have made a world of difference.  The pain was pretty bad and what the surgeon gave me hurt my stomach so bad and offered little relief from the pain. The flight home was a little rough indeed.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views