6 Days Post OP - Dr. Ariel Ortiz

Skinny_Future
on 8/7/13 9:36 am
VSG on 08/02/13

I'm 6 days post of from my sleeve surgery with Dr. Ortiz.  I can't say enough about the staff and care I received.  The hospital was clean and the rooms were nice.  The staff was pretty good, most spoke English pretty good.  There were a couple of ladies who asked for ice chips and it took a couple of hours for them to bring them, but I didn't experience anything like that.  The nutritionist Lucia  was wonderful, I have since emailed her questions and she answers right away.  The cardiologist, Dr. Jimenez was also very nice,  he asked many questions and was very thorough. 

About my journey - I went to a bariatric surgeon in my area and went through all the tests.  End result was that insurance would only pay for RnY.  I had already been researching surgery in Mexico.  I consulted with my doctor in the states and asked if he was familiar with any of the Mexico doctors and he said hands down, Dr. Ortiz. It was nice to hear that a couple of the other ladies there the same weekend for surgery had received a recommendations for Dr. Ortiz from their Docs in the states as well.

Post of was at the Marriott.  The accommodations were first rate.  The hospital is aware you are a patient and they will bring you 3 bowls of chicken broth each day as well as bottled waters and popsicles.  Feeling great today.  Been feeling great most of the time.  First couple of days I would get tired pretty easy.  Hubby made sure I got out of the room and did some walking.  There is a shopping center close by with a Walmart.  We took a cab there and walked back to the hotel. 

My only complaint was the drain.  I was in the way and was a bit uncomfortable.  So hears to a new life and an exciting journey!!

Cheers Everyone.

this_isforme
on 8/7/13 11:10 am
with

Cheers and clink of the glass too.  Congratulations!!  :)  

tdbull
on 8/8/13 10:58 pm - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
Sounds like you're doing great. You're on your way to a healthier life. So happy for you.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views