I feel nervous this time

lucasnlaken
on 8/4/13 10:16 am - Santa Rosa Beach, FL
VSG on 08/12/13

I am headed back to Mexico on Monday August 12  for VSG after revision.  The first time I went (in April 2013)  they were only able to do the revision portion from Vertical Banded Gastroplasty I had in 2000. I had the band and some erosion removed this April .  I am now going back to have the sleeve. The first time I had a wonderful friend travel with me who help rest assure any fears I had. This time I am traveling alone and am so nervous. I dont know why. I spoke to the doctor this morning (Dr, Ramos Kelly) and he assured me that everything would be okay.  Has anyone else felt this way??

tdbull
on 8/4/13 11:35 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
I think we all have some apprehension. It's normal. You will be great. Wishing you the very best and keep us informed on your recovery.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

llLou
on 8/4/13 12:12 pm - Halifax NS, Canada

You are in great hands with Dr. Kelly. I had my VSG with him in Nov. 2012.

this_isforme
on 8/5/13 10:25 am
with

I am sure I will be nervous when my time comes.  Try to relax and stay calm.  You will be fine.  The doctor did right by you.  He didn't just jump in to get the surgery over with.  He is using his medical knowledge and doing what will give you the best success in your weight loss journey.   :)

lucasnlaken
on 8/5/13 12:26 pm - Santa Rosa Beach, FL
VSG on 08/12/13

Thanks for your support.  When is your surgery? Are you going to Mexico?

this_isforme
on 8/6/13 2:01 am
with

You are very welcome.  I don't have a date yet, because there are some things in my life that I must get finished first.   I hope to plan this six months from now.  And, yes to the last question.  I have three doctors on my radar.  Kelley, Aceves, and Alvarez.  

I have stopped lurking and decided to join in.  :)

ksmithwoods
on 8/16/13 3:47 pm - San Jose, CA
VSG on 07/10/13

I felt nervous too until I got all my life in order and booked my trip.  After that, I felt I had done everything I needed to do and then I could concentrate on me.  Then all fhe nerves left .  I had my surgery with Dr Kelly.  He had had so much experience with complicated surgery that I felt confident that I was in good hands,  Ask your surgeons how many revisions they have done.  I think experience beats everything in surgery.  I couldnt find an American Doctor with as much experience as Dr Kelly.  After you make your plans and put your house in order sit back and relax.  Remember all of us are here for you.

Kathy

lucasnlaken
on 8/17/13 12:22 am - Santa Rosa Beach, FL
VSG on 08/12/13

Thanks Kathy,

I had my surgery on Monday night (August 12).  Everything went really well.  It was a complicated surgery and like you said, Dr. Kelly was fully qualified and experienced to do it.  I am back home now and am doing well. Recovery was harder than I had anticipated but healing is underway! Thanks for your support.  How are you doing?

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views