Gastric Sleeve Cost question

megan1emma2lilly3
on 8/4/13 4:25 am - dartmouth, Canada

just did a very quick search, Belgian about 1,200  San Diego about 700.00  did not search for cheapest fare  etc... But I do know flights to Europe do go on sale from NS, so I will investigate further, emailed the Weightloss Clinique for information to check out that location, it's something I did not explore

worldtraveler
on 5/19/14 10:23 pm - Denver, CO
On August 4, 2013 at 7:43 AM Pacific Time, Ashley the BelgaQueen wrote:

Another option instead of going to Mexico is going to Europe...  I am an American living in Belgium and while I am covered by the Belgian social security system, I see regularly people from all over the world at the Weightloss Clinique I use in Brussels.  I know the airfare to Europe isn't cheap either, but I believe the surgery rates and hospital stays rival Mexico.  My surgeon, Prof. Guy-Bernard Cadiere, is the first surgeon in the world to perform a bariactric surgery by Laproscopy.  He and his team are fantastic and almost everyone I have been in contact with speaks fluent English.  

It is just another option out there to consider.  If you want to contact me/friend me I'd be happy to help you find out more information.

Good luck!

Ashley

Hi Ashley,

Great option for those located in Canada/East Coast. Flights to Europe are really expensive on the west coast and I never thought to consider Europe because of the exchange rate.

I'm scheduled for May 26th in Mexico or I would contact you and consider this.

All the best!

mrs_gutti
on 8/15/13 2:35 am

can you tell me how to book directly with Dr Ramos Kelly?

bigisbad
on 8/4/13 11:40 pm, edited 8/4/13 11:41 pm - Canada, Canada

Great decision... but book directly with HIM and not a wholesaler. You get a better package and for the same price. Ive been to TJ 12 times so if you need info... just pm me.

Oh... and NO deposit up front!

Cheers

Aavenger
on 8/20/13 8:48 am - Mount pearl, Canada
VSG on 11/15/17
12 times you are the guru
ksmithwoods
on 8/16/13 4:14 pm - San Jose, CA
VSG on 07/10/13

When looking at flights, try flying to Las Vegas then San Diego.  Vegas subsidises airlines to to keep prices down.  You can save big bucks using Vegas as a hub,  The further out you book, the cheaper the flight.  Also dont be afraid to use one airline to get to vegas and another to get to San diego,  Just leave a couple of hours between flights. 

I had my surgery with Dr Ramos Kelly.  Lora was his assistant that helped me with my questions and arrangements.  There was never any pressure to book only options.  Didnt have to pay a deposit.  They were more  interested in my concerns than my money.

Enjoy the adventure and you will have the time of your life

Kathy

Heavy Duty00
on 5/10/14 12:22 am

Replying so I can refer to the previous post later. 

Phatphotog
on 5/10/14 2:00 am

I'm having a VSG in less than four weeks. (Yay!!! :) I'm Going to hospital Angeles with Dr. Corvala. I did pay 10% down of a total of $6500. I didn't think anything of paying a deposit. I assume they don't want to take up time with people who aren't committed to following through with surgery. Hopefully a deposit wasn't a bad sign!

I haven't found that many testimonials about Dr. Corvala but I have a friend who had lap band surgery with him and she had only positive things to say. A raving review actually. He taught some of the well known Mexican surgeons and also in US hospitals. Here is a link to a video showing the hospital. I feel perfectly safe traveling here. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MPLLUhFZmgo

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views