Mexico weight loss

chopper57
on 8/2/13 2:44 am

I am researching weight loss surgery in Mexico through A lighter me, has anyone had experience with them.  Also please tell me anything to watch for with surgery in Mexico positive or negative.  Thanks

chopper57
on 8/4/13 7:15 am

I am between Tuijana and Puerto Vallarta, sorry for the spelling.  I am just saving money for this and money is tight so I need to know this isn't going to be a rip off.  Have you experienced either?  I have looked into the hospital in Puerto Vallarta and know someone how uses it but know nothing of the other.

Labyrinth
on 8/4/13 11:37 pm

From what I'm finding as a newbie....these are some general steps.  And I'm sure there's much more to it... but GENERAL.

1. Figure out what surgery you want.

2. Find a doctor that is adequately qualified to perform that surgery.

3. Book directly with that doctor to save on medical tourism fees. Some here have said that alone has saved around 1k.

Hope this helps :)

chopper57
on 8/5/13 3:04 am

Thanks for the responses, how do I book with the doctor , do I just contact the doctor's web site?

Labyrinth
on 8/5/13 11:36 am

Yes....as far as I can tell, most of them have their own staff.  And you should be able to find an actual office number for the doctor.  For example, Dr. Kelly's website offers contact info via email or phone. And I know a couple of the others I've contacted have also... It's not a bad idea to contact the tourism sites to get an idea of how much they charge and what all they offer... but you'll likely end up saving more/getting more with scheduling directly with the Dr's office.   If you're interested in a specific Dr. ask on the forums if there are any reviews....  :)

chopper57
on 8/6/13 3:34 pm

Has anyone had surgery with Dr. Joya in Puerto Vallarta?

RockyRitz
on 8/14/13 8:17 am - CA
I have not had surgery yet but I am pretty set on Dr. Joya after doing a lot of research. Here is a patient experience that is very detailed and informative that may help you:

http://m.obesityhelp.com/forums/mexico/4634976/My-experiance-with-Dr-Joya-in-pva/

Good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views