Cost of DS in Mexico?

Labyrinth
on 7/30/13 5:55 am

Just wondering if anyone else has recently priced DS in Mexico?  I was quoted a price of $13,000 with Dr. Aceves. That price included all pre/post op testing and 5 days in hospital, one in hotel and laparoscopic surgery.   Thanks!

ksmithwoods
on 7/30/13 11:56 am - San Jose, CA
VSG on 07/10/13

I had my surgery on July 10th with Dr Kelly in TJ.  I had a wonderful experience.    Dr Kelly told me if I followed the Pre-op diet I would have no pain and my recovery would be very quick.  I did my part and although I had some initial nausia from the anestetic, I had no pain.  I had some bloating from the gas but no pain.  I spent two days in the hospital and two in a beautiful hotel.  All my tests both before and after surgery were included as well as all my meals. (soup was wonderful)  I saw Dr Kelley every single day for followup.  He visited me in the Hotel.  Absolutely everything was included except the airfare to San Diego.  I paid $5,200 for it all.

If you are looking for a wonderful surgeon, I can highly recommend Dr Kelly.  You can contact him directly and save $$$ on MedicalTourism fees.  Tel (619) 793-4869  My coordinator was Lori and she never took more than a few minutes to get my emails answered. 

I have no regrets and feel absolutely wonderful. 

Kathy

larra
on 8/1/13 10:35 am - bay area, CA

There are quite a few surgeons in Mexico doing VSG, but only 2 doing the DS that most of us would recommend - Dr. Aceves and Dr. Ungson. Mexico is a great option for many people, but you do need to be careful about finding a surgeon who is experienced with the particular operation that you have chosen.

Larra

Danigirl58
on 8/1/13 1:42 pm - Winnipeg, Canada
VSG on 06/19/13

I believe that Dr Kelly also does the DS surgery as well. I just wanted to add that to the previous comment.

divamc
on 8/1/13 10:57 pm - Riverview, FL

I had my DS with Dr. Kelly on 6/21/13. The package cost was 8k. I went through a coordination company, but I would recommend contacting Dr. Kelly's office directly. I give Dr. Kelly an A+++ rating. I wrote a review of my experience in this forum under the title "Mexico Bariatric Center and Dr. Kelly". 

Labyrinth
on 8/2/13 4:20 am

Thank you everyone for your replies!  I'm trying to get all the info I can.... I'd like to schedule my surgery Summer 2014...so I have a lot of planning!  :)

bonniecontreras
on 9/6/13 11:28 pm - Norwalk, CA
how has everything been for you? im concidering and seriously thinking of having ds surgery... i had vsg in 2010 with dr. kelly.... but gained all the weight back..? how is your diet? bowels and recovery? please b specific of how much u can eat... thanks
divamc
on 9/7/13 2:07 am - Riverview, FL

It has been an adjustment. The first couple of weeks that I got to eat solid food, I kept misgauging how much I could eat and would have to vomit. I'm still in the watery poop stage. The more water I drink, the more I poop. I'm still trying to get the diet down, but I know that I have to focus on protein and fat. I can't really say how much I can eat as far as the amount. I can only do about two or three bites in a 20 minute time frame. Since I'm a lightweight, the weight isn't just flying off. The numbers are going down, but I'm happier about the inches. I'm about two sizes smaller than when I started (found that out yesterday...yay!). I'm satisfied with my results so far.

bonniecontreras
on 9/7/13 8:52 am - Norwalk, CA
thanks for the info?
bonniecontreras
on 9/7/13 8:55 am - Norwalk, CA
im planning my surgery end of december early january... im planning it around my vaca at work... but want to get as much info from here on... i thought i got info on vsg... but new stuff always comes out
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views