SO MANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE HELP

greatdanemommyfore
ver

on 7/17/13 10:09 pm - Winthrop, MA

I need some advice. I am going to Mexico to get a Revision. I had open RNY surgery here in Massachjusetts 8 years ago. I do not have insurance now and need a Revision. I want this to be done open, not lap. Does anyone on here know of a Mexican Dr. who will do this open. Please advise. Also, I have ADHD and have had it all of my life. I take Dexedrine which I have been on forever. I am wondering if I should take it with me or leave it at home, since it is not legally prescribed in Mexico. I have so many questions and I would really appreciate all of the help that I can get. Thank you. 

Jennifer L.
on 7/18/13 6:27 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

I dont know the answer to you medicine question (I am ADHD too! I was diagnosed when I was 15 but declined medication. The more going on in my life, the more I realize I need it now...) I wish I had an answer for you there... but if you feel you NEED it, then I would take it with you, but in the bottle your prescription comes in.

I have no idea who would do an open revision. Why would you want it open? I know pretty much all doctors CAN do it open, but people just prefer the lap. I think if you contact one of the coordinators (I went with Mexico Bariatric Center and liked them) they would be able to answer some of these more specific questions. Good luck!!

HW: 275 SW: 265 CW: 200 GW: 135 Month 1: -25 Month 5: -65lbs total
On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

"You make me new, you are making me new" Gungor

Danigirl58
on 7/18/13 1:28 pm - Winnipeg, Canada
VSG on 06/19/13

I don't have the answer to either of your questions, and Jennifer is right you need to contact someone down there to figure the answers out.

I have a question for you though. Why would you want to do a open revision especially in Mexico? You set yourself up for more complications and your risks increase ten fold not to mention that your hospital stay would be much much longer.  I would never want to do a surgery like that so far from home. There is a reason all these surgeries are done by the laperscopic route now.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views