Jose Rodriguez Villareal in Juarez

(deactivated member)
on 7/21/13 7:19 am
Anyone on here have surgery with doctor Rodriguez? How was the experience?
cyn.reed
on 7/21/13 8:59 am - TX

I am having surgery on 8/27, but another person on here (claimmaster) had surgery by him a few weeks ago. She would be the one to ask. She said she had a great experience and loved the doctors.

(deactivated member)
on 7/21/13 1:15 pm

Thanks. . . My surgery is Aug 2nd. 

flab2fab59
on 7/26/13 7:35 am

My surgery was on Sunday, 7/21.  I can say that is the most positive experience I have had in a hospital.  The doctors are kind and caring.  I was met by Dr. Calderone at the front door and he took me through the admitting process.  I met with Dr. Rodriguez and he said they were planning to do the surgery in an hour.  Last thing I knew they were putting on the shower cap and I was gone.  I woke up and they were preparing to move me to my room.  The nurses are top notch.  If I need plastic surgery, I will definitely go back there.  The shuttle driver took me souvenir shopping on my way to the airport.  I love Talavera pottery.  Dr. Solis was the anesthesiologist and Dr. Elmo actually performed the surgery.  Dr. Elmo also did the swallow study to check for leaks.  You can watch that one and see actually what they did in the surgery.

One pound at a time.

jerrislp
on 8/19/13 1:55 am - TX
RNY on 02/18/13

I had surgery with Dr. Rodriguez at Star Medica.  I was very happy with my experience.  I had RNY on Feb 18th,2013.  So far I've lost 72 lbs.  The hospital was in good condition and everyone was friendly.  There were a few times where the language barrier with nurses was difficult, but I used my cheat sheet and my IPhone translator to help.  I recommend getting a Mexico calling plan added to your phone before you go so that you don't have to worry about that.  When I signed in they did have me sign a lengthy contract in Spanish.  They did know I did not speak that language, but the signature was needed on the contract, so I signed.  No way that contract would hold up in any American court, but I can't speak for Mexico.  Other than that, everything was easy and uncomplicated.  I had no complications from the surgery and feel I received excellent medical care.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views