4 days!!

Jennifer L.
on 7/5/13 5:42 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

I leave for Tijuana on the 9th and my surgery is on the 10th! I can't believe it... I have never been to Mexico and I am going alone. This is an exciting adventure for me and I plan to document it as much as possible to share with you all! (plus, my family and the hand full of friends I have told are demanding evidence that I am not having surgery in the back of a dirty barn... hahaha gotta love americans..)

Besides the life my surgery itself will bring me, I am excited for the adventure I get to go on for my new life. I am so scared but hopeful that everything will be great!

HW: 275 SW: 265 CW: 200 GW: 135 Month 1: -25 Month 5: -65lbs total
On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

"You make me new, you are making me new" Gungor

lnettles1963
on 7/6/13 12:24 am
VSG on 07/12/13

Wow!!!! How exciting and brave of you to do this alone. My friend went to Mexico and had a wonderful experience. She said she was treated very well and the facility was cleaner than any hospital here.  lol

Good Luck on your adventure!!!! 

I will be following you on your journey.

Looking forward to comparing progress and any issues that come up. My surgery is on the 12th. broken heart

Jennifer L.
on 7/7/13 12:19 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

Good luck to you as well!! I am excited to see our results :)

On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

tbone88
on 7/6/13 1:03 am - MO

LOL tell the family they power washed and painted the barn, But they still don't know what to do with all the chickens running around. Because the patients can't eat them anymore..

Jennifer L.
on 7/7/13 12:18 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

LOL I know, right!?!?! hahaha

Instagram

hollyk79
on 7/6/13 1:26 pm - NE ALBERTA, Canada
with

Good luck!!  My husband's surgery is also on the 10th, but we are going to Puerto Vallarta. I'm trying to figure out what all to pack... so scared I am going to forget something!

Jennifer L.
on 7/7/13 12:25 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

I consider the 10th a lucky day! :)

From what I can tell... minimal is best... gas-x chewables or strips. I am bringing some boulion cubes for my hotel room after I am released from the hospital. Some comfy clothes and a small heating pad ( I have nice little travel one) and that is pretty much all! Oh! and my stuff so I can work... I dont like to check luggage, so I am just bringing a carry on and the last thing I want to do is over pack. With my protein, I am sticking to sample packs when I get home until I am sure I like them... I have heard too many horror stories (ok thats a bit dramatic... but lets go with it... haha) about people buying their protein in bulk because they liked it for the pre-op diet but when they got home, their taste buds totally changed and they couldnt stand the stuff anymore. Sample packs are all I am investing in right now. 

Instagram

TeashaLorna
on 7/6/13 1:49 pm - Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada

The most important thing to pack, gas X strips, and imodium.  LOL I found those were the two things I could not be without. If you have room for a heating pad bring that it feels wonderful on your tummy when it is full of gas. Good luck!!!

Dr Ponce de Leon Mexico     VSG 4 Jun 12. I lost 57 lbs on my own before having a VSG. This is by far the best thing I have ever done for myself.

Jennifer L.
on 7/7/13 12:25 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

thank you!!

Instagram

christine500
on 7/6/13 3:10 pm

I just read your profile and see this has been a long journey for you.  You will do GREAT!!!  Good luck on your adventure, and I can't wait to hear how it all went.  ♥

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views