Has anyone used Dr. Ariel Ortiz for VSG

Carol-CA
on 6/30/13 5:03 am - San Diego, CA
VSG on 08/15/13

I'm planning on having VSG in Mexico within the next 3 months.  I'm just trying to do my homework, and hadn't seen much regarding Dr. Ariel Ortiz at the Obesity Control Center.  Has anyone had surgery with him?  Thoughts?

I'm one of the lucky ones who lives in San Diego, so no airfare booking will be necessary.  Just looking into all the different Docs that will drive you across the border. 

Carol

IdahoGirl32
on 6/30/13 2:56 pm

I'm scheduled with Dr. Ortiz in December, so I would also be interested in hearing from anyone who has seen him recently for VSG. All of the reviews I've found are a year or older. My PCP here in Idaho checked out his credentials and said he sounded reputable. She also called his office to inquire about the clinic and the emergency care available in case of complications, but she hasn't heard back from him (this was only last week, so hopefully he'll get back to her this week). I will post an update if she gives me any information that may be of interest to anyone else considering Dr. Ortiz. 

RockyRitz
on 8/20/13 2:58 pm - CA
When in December are you going? Were you able to learn any more about Dr. Ortiz? I am about to schedule my sleeve with him for November.
its-killen-me
on 7/2/13 5:50 pm - Selkirk, Canada
DS on 06/14/12

I only know one lady who went to him from Manitoba Canada.  She had good things to say.  I went to Dr. Jamie Ponce de Leon he was excellent.  Both are good.

Dr. Jamie Ponce de Leon - Medical guide Laurie Wolf Received money Never showed up - Only thing booked were flights.  Surgeon and Medical team, and hospital were awesome .  There is another Medical guide named Trish she is good.  PM me for info.    
MamaPlum
on 7/6/13 1:57 am

Hello!  Dr Ortiz performed my Gastric Plication .  I live in south Orange County so I was also very fortunate on being so close . It was an easy breezy process.  My experience with Dr Oriz and the  OCC staff was great.  No complaints here.  My surgery went great . No problems to date . I'm happy to answer any questions you may have . 

Carol-CA
on 7/6/13 7:30 pm - San Diego, CA
VSG on 08/15/13
Hi,

I tried to private message you, but your profile is set to private, so I couldn't. I'd be very interested to discuss your surgery.

Carol
Skinny_Future
on 8/6/13 3:43 am
VSG on 08/02/13

Hi - I'm 5 days post op with Dr. Ortiz.  Had my surgery on August 2nd.  Both he and Dr. Martinez were wonderful.  The experience was great and the staff was nice.  The post op was at the Marriott.  They are well aware you are an OCC patient and they treat you wonderfully.  They supply you with 3 bowls of chicken broth, 3 large waters and popsicles each day.  If you have questions they doc office is just a phone call away and they always answer.

Important for me was the bariatric doctor I consulted in US recommended Dr. Ortiz when my insurance wouldn't cover the cost.  There was also another patient there at the same time whose doctor had referred them to Ortiz. 

I will say the only thing I didn't like was the drain.  Having that drain for 3 days was a real bummer but once it was out, I felt wonderful.

Feel free to message me or contact me offline if you would like more info on my experience.  I highly recommend OCC.

Drac464
on 1/4/14 9:17 pm

Did you end up going and how was your experience? 

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views