Current expectations of Surgery date...

Elaine1964
on 6/21/13 2:26 pm

I am curious... What is the expected turn around time in getting a surgery date? I didn't know if it runs several weeks or months..but I suppose it depends on the surgeon. I am one of those people who will need things to move quickly. I am scared to death of the surgery (I have never been under general anesthesia) and I know I will talk myself out of it if too much time passes. I have chickened out twice in the past. 

Jennifer L.
on 6/22/13 9:44 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

I am sure it depends on who you go with and what is available... but I COULD have gone as early as next week but I wouldn't be able to get stuff together that quickly. I am like you in terms of talking myself out of things... I have had surgeries before so that part doesn't scare me, but I can guilt myself into thinking I shouldn't do this for myself.... that I am not worth it... ect... so a quick date was important to me as well. I ended up getting a date that was only about 3 1/2 weeks away from when I set everything.

HW: 275 SW: 265 CW: 200 GW: 135 Month 1: -25 Month 5: -65lbs total
On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

"You make me new, you are making me new" Gungor

Islandertra
on 6/24/13 8:24 am - Courtenay, Canada
VSG on 05/15/13

I went with Dr. Aceves and was able to get in within 2 weeks

Today is the first day of the rest of my life and I am not going to waste it !!!  Tracy

hollykim
on 6/27/13 5:08 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

I used Dr. Ponce de Leon in TJ and could have gotten a date as soon as three days later,which wasnt convenient for us,but we did go the week after i contacted Trish,his coordinator. GL.

Elaine1964
on 6/24/13 12:34 pm

Thank you for your reply. I contacted Dr. Aceves' office and was told they could schedule me the 3rd week of July. Now if I could only find the courage to take the jump. It's not the impending changes which scare me - as I am all up for that - its the surgery itself. I know it's not a rational fear, but I struggle to overcome the nerves and just go for it :(

christine500
on 6/24/13 1:21 pm
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views