Dr. Kelly future patient. Scared about doing RNY.

rar1307
on 6/20/13 8:24 pm

How many of you have had RNY with Dr. Kelly? I know sleeve is popular. I just woke up crying because of thinking of dying during the surgery. I am terrified of complications too. I am a college student and have no insurance. Do I just run to the ER Anyways?  *Sighs* I see this as my last hope, because I am dying anyway without it.

Danigirl58
on 6/20/13 10:08 pm - Winnipeg, Canada
VSG on 06/19/13
Hey there I'm not sure if this will make you feel any better, but i tohad a really bad two dayz where my mind went to the same place. I woke up one morning convinced that I was going to die as a result of my surgery. I was a mess, emotional, and became very fearful about the whole thing. I had some good heart to heart conversations with myself and here I am today nearing on 48 hour post op sleeve wiyh Dr Kelly. The choice for your surgery is a private one and should be based on your individual situation. I do know yhat a lot of younger people choose the sleeve over the RNY due to the malsbsorption of vitamins and nutrients. I hope you start to feel better about your surgery, Dr Kelly is awesome and im very happy with him as my surgeon.

serenity1959
on 6/26/13 11:53 am
VSG on 08/05/13

What made you decide on the RNY vs. the sleeve?

rar1307
on 6/28/13 12:03 am

I have severe GERD with erosion to my espohgus. The sleeve can make that worse. I also needed a surgery where  it forces me to change my eating habits. The sleeve does not change eating habits you can still eat whatever you want. I want to avoid making my acid reflux worse.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views