24 hours post-op

Danigirl58
on 6/20/13 12:23 pm - Winnipeg, Canada
VSG on 06/19/13

Well I thought that I would come back on here and post my experience down here in Mexico. As most of you know I had to be down here for a few days extra for some additional treatments. Safe to say that I was going bored out of mind just sitting in the hospital room. Well yesterday came and it was finally time for my surgery, and of course this was the first time I had become nervous about the whole surgery. To help my nerves I was making jokes with the surgical team and such and this helped me to relax greatly. I started to get the happy juice and felt myself drift off to lala land. When I woke up again they were transfering me to my bed, I was definately still way to stoned to notice anything. When I did wake up more I had some pain to my stomach area and felt really nauseated. I still have some pretty wicked nausea which at times I feel like its killing me lol currently at 24 hours I still have tons of nausea and very little pain. I have been walking up and down the hallway tons to help with the gas (which is helping rather nicely) I a also trying to take sips of fluid to help with the nausea as I am not sure if my nausea is because of the surgery or if its cause my stomach is so bloody empty and it needed something in it. I hope that tonight I get a good nights sleep and that all goes well for tomorrow as I am supposed to get out of the hospital and go to the hotel (which is very very pretty)

tbone88
on 6/20/13 12:56 pm - MO

well glad to hear you are up and walking around and the surgery went well. maybe it is the pain med making you sick. I have read on here that it happens alot. I know morphine makes me sick sick sick to my stomach.

Danigirl58
on 6/20/13 1:04 pm - Winnipeg, Canada
VSG on 06/19/13

Yeah the pain meds can make you pretty nauseated that's for sure. I am not getting morphine they are giving me Tordol which is an antispasmotic and muscle relaxent. I am feeling way better tonight then what I did earlier today kiss

llLou
on 6/20/13 1:18 pm - Halifax NS, Canada

I'm so glad it went well. I knew it would. Dr. Kelly is great.

I was only slightly nauseous a few times prior to my meds but no pain. I was really lucky.You will have such a nice stay at the hotel. It is beautiful. The homemade popsicles are delicious too!

ksmithwoods
on 6/20/13 1:58 pm - San Jose, CA
VSG on 07/10/13

Thanks for updating Dani.   I was thinking about you all day yesterday hoping that all went well,  Keep us updated on your progress.  I hear their chicken broth is really good.  Let us know.

Kathy

Jennifer L.
on 6/20/13 2:56 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

That is great you are doing so well! Thank you for updating us! Hopefully the nausea will pass soon

HW: 275 SW: 265 CW: 200 GW: 135 Month 1: -25 Month 5: -65lbs total
On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

"You make me new, you are making me new" Gungor

lareina007
on 6/22/13 2:25 pm - mesquite, TX
Dani, how did you choose your Dr? I have been talking to 2 different people, a lighterme and Mexico bariatric with dr Valenzuela. Who did you go with?
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views