Dr. Kelly Patients: Post-Op and Surgical Records?

CanaryYellowDiamond
on 6/17/13 9:15 am

Can anyone tell me about their experiences with Mexican surgeons post-op? How easy was the surgeon/staff to get hold of to answer questions? Did they cooperate with your PCP in providing records, x-rays, etc. once you were back stateside?

The only negative thing I've read about Dr. Kelly is that patients were not able to attain their surgical records and this makes me very nervous. If there were post-op complications, having surgical records and other information could be a matter of life or death.
Any of Dr. Kelly's patients who would be willing to share their post-op experiences?

Danigirl58
on 6/17/13 9:55 pm - Winnipeg, Canada
VSG on 06/19/13

I am having my surgery on Wed and have requested my info. I will let you know if I have any difficulties getting my results.

Mary C.
on 6/18/13 12:59 am - Glovertown, Canada

I can only speak for Dr. Joya. The day Ivan was discharged we were given an info/instruction package - included in it was a copy of the actual OR procedure report - which I felt was great. They also gave us copies of his pre-op blood work.

divamc
on 6/18/13 4:10 am - Riverview, FL

I asked my coordinator if Dr. Kelly would  supply my information and she didn't think he would have a problem with it. I think it's important to be up front before you get the surgery and let them know that that is something you want to take home with you. I imagine it could be kinda frustrating trying to get out it after you come home (with all of the hoops you might have to jump through with HIPAA regs).

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views