DS with Dr. Kelly in 4 days!

divamc
on 6/17/13 1:42 am - Riverview, FL

I am anxious and a little excited. I have work and school to keep me a little distracted. I'm going by myself (a little scary). Right now, I'm just a little out of sorts.

ksmithwoods
on 6/17/13 1:52 am - San Jose, CA
VSG on 07/10/13

Im having my sleeve with Dr Kelly on July 10th.  Its about all I can think about too!  I am just trying to focus on the end result.

My husband took my measurements this weekend so I can track my progress.  I have never done that before.  What an eye opener!  I still cant believe how big I have gotten.  Still, im not focusing on today but tomorrow.  I have a friend who had a bypass a couple of months ago.  I made a challenge with her.  Lose 60 pounds by Christmas!  She had her surgery 2 months ago and has lost 30 already.  My daughter gets married in a year and I think about how good I might look by then.  Focusing on the future seems to help me with the today.

Ive been doing the stage 1 diet with not too much trouble.

Good luck!

Kathy

Danigirl58
on 6/17/13 9:52 pm - Winnipeg, Canada
VSG on 06/19/13

Hey there I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I am currently down here in TJ and will be sleeved by Dr Kelly on wed the 19th. I came down by myself for the first few days (I have someone coming down today) and so far I have not felt unsafe at all. The whole team down here does their best to make you feel comfortable and relaxed. I know that for me I was very nervous about coming down here as you don't really know what to think about going to Mexico for surgery, and it seems like nearly everyone has a opinion regarding the whole Mexico thing.

When I first got off the plane and picked up I was a little worried about my decision and a little scared. When I picked up my bags it hit me that there were actually a bunch of people being picked up for some form of WLS by different companies and such. Not sure why but I found that very relaxing. When I got into the van there was also a couple that had had surgeries done and I was able to see them up and walking around with no issues and that helped a lot to. I am a nurse and was impressed with the team so far from the hospital staff to the Dr's involved. You do receive proper care as you would back home. If you are wanting all your pre/post op information for your Dr's back home don't forget to ask for that right away.

The one thing that I did not bring that I should have was a pillow. Its funny the things you miss when you are stuck in the hospital lol. The hospital does have internet so that helps pass the time, but I would also bring a book or something to keep your mind busy. I spent one night in the hotel and totally loved it !!! I can not wait till I am out of the hospital and able to sit pool side and soak up some beautiful sun rays. 

If you have any questions please ask 

ksmithwoods
on 6/18/13 6:19 am - San Jose, CA
VSG on 07/10/13

Hi Dani

I am so glad you are preposting your experiences with Dr Kelly and the Mexico thing.  People seem so worried.  Im going in 2 weeks so I will just miss you.  Please keep posting.  It does us all good.

I was wondering how much GasX to bring.  I have one small box.  Let me now if thats enough

Good luck!

Kathy

Jennifer L.
on 6/18/13 10:40 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

I am going alone too! Let us know how everything goes! I hope you have a great recovery and have the chance to enjoy your trip. I am nervous about going alone but it has been FOREVER since I have been able to travel by myself. I am a bit excited. My husband was going to go with me originally but with his schedule he probably couldn't make it. I came to terms with it and then he offered to try to get out of things again to come with me, but I declined. Scary to go alone, yes. But important for me and my journey. I don't want him as a crutch. Some of my best memories were adventures done completely on my own. I don't think this will be any different.

Keep us posted! I look forward to seeing your results!

HW: 275 SW: 265 CW: 200 GW: 135 Month 1: -25 Month 5: -65lbs total
On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

"You make me new, you are making me new" Gungor

Danigirl58
on 6/20/13 12:06 pm - Winnipeg, Canada
VSG on 06/19/13

Jennifere

I wouldn't be that worried about coming down by yourself at all. Yeah it is scary thought of having a surgery without family near you, but the whole thing happens so fast and before you know it your back in your room recovering. I almost wish I was by myself cause I am ore worried about my man and his comfort as he is bored out of his blooming mind lol.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views