I have a date!!! July 10th!

Jennifer L.
on 6/15/13 11:19 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

I am very happy to have this settled and moving forward! I am confident in my decision and feel great about it!!

HW: 275 SW: 265 CW: 200 GW: 135 Month 1: -25 Month 5: -65lbs total
On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

"You make me new, you are making me new" Gungor

(deactivated member)
on 6/15/13 12:08 pm, edited 6/15/13 12:08 pm

Congrats on your date!! How did you decide on Dr. Valenzuela (I'm assuming Kelly didn't work out)? I'm in the process of trying to get hold of Kelly myself!

Jennifer L.
on 6/15/13 12:51 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

Well Dr. Valenzuela and Dr. Cabrara seemed to have a very good track record and from what I could find, people had good things to say about them. The coordinator gave me options but mentioned she had them for her sleeve and how she liked them. After some research I figured that it was a good choice (and, lets face it, price does have something do to with it... the price was right along with a good reputation and since I am getting the loan from my mom, the price does matter). 

I still haven't heard anything from Dr. Kelly and this seems to have been an issue with SEVERAL people. I am worried that something is wrong. I liked Kelly but I have to be honest, I didn't want to wait around. I can talk myself out of things easily (things I know I need and want... bugs the crap out of my husband) and if I kept waiting for Dr. Kelly, I would have given up. 

On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

Jennifer L.
on 6/16/13 6:33 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

Thanks!! I look forward to it as well ;) 

I hope to keep everyone posted on my trip to Mexico (pictures maybe???) to help ease everyone's fears on going to Mexico. My mom just said to me "You don't seem hesitant at all about this! I would be nervous." (I am also going alone... my husband can't come with me and my mom helps watch my children when my husband is working). 

Instagram

IdahoGirl32
on 6/16/13 3:34 pm

That's great! Congratulations! I'm scheduled with Dr. Ortiz for December (earliest I can get two weeks off) and I'm already kind of freaking out about it. I would appreciate it sooooo much if you would do a post after your surgery and let us all know how it went in DETAIL! :) 

bigisbad
on 6/17/13 3:57 am - Canada, Canada

Oh... I see you booked.

Forget my pm... I should of read further...

Congrats on your decision and wish you the very best!

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views