I cannot reach Dr. Kellys office for the life of me! HELP!!!!!

Jennifer L.
on 6/14/13 6:11 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

Let me start by saying I still really want to have Dr. Kelly as my surgeon. 

With the being said... I can't get a hold of anyone!!! I tried to use the contact page on wlsclinic.com but the website, for some reason, kept saying I didn't write in an e-mail address when I did in fact type one in. I tried multiple times with different e-mails, and nothing.

So I found someone else on here mention using [email protected] for the e-mail. I did that and sent all the information the contact website asked. I did that early afternoon yesterday. I still hadn't heard anything so I decided to call (HUGE deal for me... calling is hard - I have a slight anxiety when making phone calls, but when I am on them I am ok). I called at 10:30am Dayton, Ohio time and I got the VM. After doing the math I figured that on the west coast they weren't even open yet. I left a message, saying I had e-mailed, leaving my e-mail address in case they wanted to look at it, and to email me (which is best) or call me if the e-mail couldn't be found. So about 3:45 I decide to call again. It had been about 5 hours since my last call. I want to get the ball rolling! So I call the number I called the first time. VM again. I saw on the website there was a 2nd number... called that... VM. 

I don't know what to do!! I am starting to feel like a cold caller or something with how often I am trying to reach them. I want the ball rolling, I want a surgery date ASAP. 

I dont know if I am not calculating the time difference correctly or if I am just choosing the worse times to call (I call when I get the nerve up to do it without sounding like an idiot). I am also fearful my e-mail never even got to them, that maybe it would go to spam or something. SO I am just all around anxious and worried about this. I wish I could reach Dr. Kelly

HW: 275 SW: 265 CW: 200 GW: 135 Month 1: -25 Month 5: -65lbs total
On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

"You make me new, you are making me new" Gungor

IdahoGirl32
on 6/14/13 7:09 am

Hello! I'd been talking to Lora, Dr. Kelly's coordinator, through the email address [email protected]. You should be able to reach Lora through that email address. I totally get your
phone anxiety, btw. It sucks. lol

I haven't had the best experience with Dr. Kelly's coordinator and ultimately decided to go with someone else, 
but I wish you luck! 

Jennifer L.
on 6/14/13 2:39 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

I ended up filling out the paperwork Christy sent me and sent it back. I felt like I was harassing Dr. Kelly's office trying to reach someone. I called every number connected to them multiple times and different times of the day, sent e-mails, and nothing. I figure this way at least I am getting the ball rolling... I was just turned off that Christy didn't even mention Dr. Kelly in the e-mail, just the others. However, this is better than nothing. At least I feel like its moving forward.

On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

Jennifer L.
on 6/14/13 8:40 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

So I tried calling again (all the numbers I had) and this time they rang a few times then gave me a LOUD beep! I am not sure what that was about. I want to avoid using an outside company because, to be honest, I am looking forward to that personal touch of Dr. Kelly's people (and the other company didn't even give me Kelly as an option when a request for information was sent). 

I tried that other e-mail, so hopefully I hear something soon! 

I don't think it is anyone's fault. My husband is a tech guy, I am in the graphic design field so I am WELL AWARE that technical issues happen in the communication world, and they usually happen at the worst time. It is just frustrating

Instagram

Jennifer L.
on 6/14/13 9:16 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

Ok now I think I might cry. I used every possible phone number (left two more voice mails and my husband left a VM as well)... no e-mail, no calls. I have been trying since yesterday. This is so discouraging and I am beginning to feel like I am being ignored on purpose (which I know isn't true... they don't know me personally and I am sure they want the business... but its just how I feel right now). I am unable to focus on anything else until I know this is moving forward (and I have a HUGE work project I need to focus on, but I just cant until this is resolved... stupid ADHD). 

Instagram

hollykim
on 6/15/13 4:52 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
I know this wont help your anxiety but remember this is Mexico. They work on a way different time schedule there and they don't get in a hurry. They may have decided to take the day off or any number of things. Try to chill if you can. I know it is nerve wracking. Gl

divamc
on 6/17/13 1:29 am - Riverview, FL

Okay...breathe.

I can identify with you on the anxiety issues, but it is really early in the game to be at your level of stress. There is plenty of time to freak out, so don't get ahead of yourself. I went through MBC with a coordinator. I didn't like the first one I got so I changed to someone else. During the research process, I spoken to the owner of MBC and Dr. Kelly. I have seen on the board that others have had favorable experiences booking directly through Dr. Kelly as well. I was approved for Dr. Kelly straight out because I'm considered high risk and that is his arena. If they are not offering him as a surgeon, maybe you can request him.

My advice to you would be to allow yourself to be distracted from this until it's time. It seems like you have a pre existing issue with concentration and/or anxiety. This experience can easily be overwhelming.  Focus on you project until your surgery date.

Danigirl58
on 6/16/13 2:24 am - Winnipeg, Canada
VSG on 06/19/13
Don't worry they will get back to you. I was like you I wanted an answer and all that right away. Lora will respond.
ksmithwoods
on 6/17/13 2:08 am - San Jose, CA
VSG on 07/10/13

I booked my Surgery directly with  Dr Kelly's office (619)793-4869

Lora had been great!  I am sure booking directly has saved me $$$$$

My Surgery is July 10th!  I cant wait to go!

Kathy

rar1307
on 6/20/13 8:12 pm

Hi there, do not use coordinators. Use Lora Lee as his personal secretary and not coordinator. I have this phone number: 619-793-4868 that should go to Lora Lee. The coordinators will charge more and put you in the cheaper hospital as well. The e-mail mentioned above is correct too. I hope your able to get ahold of them.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views