The DS in Mexico

Jennifer L.
on 6/15/13 1:37 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

Has anyone had the DS in Mexico and who did you use? Did they tell you not to get the DS? The DS was the original surgery I wanted but was considering the sleeve due to the less risk and less price. Mexico Bariatric Center basically told me not to do it. After 5 years of DS research, that doesn't sit very well with me.

HW: 275 SW: 265 CW: 200 GW: 135 Month 1: -25 Month 5: -65lbs total
On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

"You make me new, you are making me new" Gungor

Jennifer L.
on 6/15/13 3:29 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

I know the DS surgery very well and I know my regulars I have talked to only mentioned one other surgeon for Mexico (but his prices are way beyond what I can do). I just didn't know if someone else here used a different surgeon. After talking with my husband I think I will stick with the sleeve (its the first part of the DS anyway.... if I need the malabsorption I can try later). I was just curious. 

On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

hollykim
on 6/15/13 4:47 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
I had the DS 3 years post VSG with Dr. ponce de Leon. Trish is his coordinator. It was about $8000.00 . I have done great. Gl

Jennifer L.
on 6/15/13 5:28 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

what made you decide to have the DS? If you dont mind my asking :)

Instagram

hollykim
on 6/20/13 10:47 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

at 6 months out,I had lost 98#. after that time for the next 2.5 years,i COULD NOT lose any more ,no matter what i did. I tried EVERYTHING. the last 6 months before my DS,I was eating dense protein,eggs,healthy fats and a few leafy greens and that is ALL> on that diet,I lost 6 pounds in 6 months.

I had developed a hiatal hernia and was going to Mx to have it repaired and had been thinking about the DS conversion for a while. it seemed like a waste of a trip to MX and an anesthesia even just to get two staples applied to fix the hernia,so I got the Ds while I was there.

I have had absolutely no problem with my recovery and have lost an additional 15# I am well on my way to goal.

I am a slow loser and being a second stage DS'er,MY channels are not as long so my malabsorption is less and my loss is slower,but I am losing and that is ok with me.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views