need help with a RNY revision

tbone88
on 6/7/13 5:22 am - MO

I dont know if this posted already I lost my wifi signal right as I hit post originally

I had a laproscopic RNY bypass done in 2000. I am looking to get a revision. Does anyone know of a Dr in Mexico that will do a RNY to a DS revision? I was talking to Christy with mexico bariatrics she said i could only go from RNY to another RNY. I am pretty sure I have ready online that it is best to go from and RNY to a DS. Am I wrong in this? has anyone else had this type of revision?  thanks for teh help

Terry

llLou
on 6/7/13 8:09 am - Halifax NS, Canada

I;m sorry I have no idea. You can call Dr. Kelly;s office and ask them to have him call you. He is great at explaining everything and does all the surgeries. I had the VSG done by him in Nov.2012.He is an excellent surgeon.

Sometimes the people with the agencies don't know all the surgery answers. Their end is the business part. I went directly through Dr. Kelly's office when I booked my surgery.i spoke with his coordinator and Dr. Kelly himself.

Dr. Kelly's office numbers are. 1 619 793 4869  and 1 619 395 5347. usually Lora(his coordinator) or Alina(his office assistant) will answer.

Dr. Kelly was born in the US and practiced in several hospitals there.(not Bariatrics). He speaks perfect English.

Message me if you have any questions about him. Good luck.I wish I could have helped more about the revision info.

Mary C.
on 6/8/13 2:05 am - Glovertown, Canada

Dr. Joya does. He is in Puerto Vallarta. My husband and I went down in May and hubby has a VSG. Doing well. 

www.drjoya.com

He costs more than some of the others - but the hospital, the hotel, the convenience of not having the cross the US/Mexico border in a vehicle - more than worth it to us. I am sure many of the other bariatric surgeons in Mexico do revisions as well.Good luck! I copied and pasted the info below from his website.

"Dr. Joya specializes in difficult surgeries, and can convert failed Lapband surgeries to Gastric Bypass surgeries.  Also he can convert failed Gastric Sleeve surgeries to Gastric Bypass surgeries.  He even does Gastric Bypass revision surgeries.  Dr. Joya does not recommend converting a Lapband to a Sleeve due to the scar tissue and the higher risk of leaks"

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views