Dr. Ramos Kelly - Advice - Is there a better way to contact him?

IdahoGirl32
on 6/4/13 1:22 pm

Hello,

This is my first post, and I could use some advice!

I contacted Dr. Ramos Kelly though his website wlsclinic.com. I received a response from somebody named Lora and I'm really concerned! She is very unprofessional, doesn't answer all my questions, gives short, snippy answers to perfectly reasonable requests (I just wanted to know how my PCP could get into contact with Dr. Ramos Kelly!). I'll send her an email with three questions in it and I'll get an email back with a one sentence answer to only one of my questions, with absolutely no details or elaboration. This has happened four times already. Should it be like pulling teeth to get answers from my potential surgeon?

I've heard such good reviews of Dr. Kelly, but Lora is really freaking me out. Has anyone had better luck talking with someone else? I'm worried because I thought I'd made my final decision on a surgeon, but this is really making me doubt that. 

What do I do?!?

llLou
on 6/4/13 3:25 pm - Halifax NS, Canada

Hi! I messaged you with some advise.

For anyone else that has this problem call and ask to speak to Alina she is not his coordinator but his office assistant and has been there a long time, She most likely can answer any questions.

If that fails you can also ask to speak to Dr. Kelly and he will call you when gets back to the office,

When discharged from hospital in TJ Dr. Kelly will tell you what blood work your doctor should order and they also give you meds in case you need them and your food plan. If you GP has any questions they can email or call Dr. Kelly. I never had any problems so there was no need.Dr. Kelly will make sure you will have all the answers to your questions before you leave Mexico.

Heather P.
on 6/5/13 4:52 am
Hey everyone. I am having my surgery with Dr. Kelly this Saturday!!!! Eeek so exciting. I'm surprised you're having a hard time getting info from Lora. She has been extremely thorough with me, answering all my questions etc. I actually just emailed her today and said I was SOOOOOO grumpy with liquid diet and getting the jitters about Saturday. She emailed me right back and told me she understands totally and gave me her personal cell number to call or text anytime. Hopefully you'll get the answers you need soon. :)
llLou
on 6/5/13 6:01 am - Halifax NS, Canada

Congratulations on your surgery on Saturday! You are in great hands.

Dr. Kelly did my VSG in Nov.2012. He has a great team.

troopersma
on 6/9/13 4:21 pm

Probably too soon to ask...but was thinking of you...hoping you had a troublefree surgery and are on the mend.  Update us when you get a chance! 

Heather P.
on 6/11/13 12:26 pm
Hey there. I'm heading home from Tijuanna tomorrow morning. Everything went perfect! Dr. Kelly and Lora were with me most of the time I was here except nights of course, lol, The nurses were great too. I had a few anxious moments the second night, just feelings of being overwhelmed and emailed Lora. They showed up at the hospital to make sure i was feeling ok. Dr. Kelly ordered me a sleeping pill and i was great. The hotel is beautiful. Dr. Kelly and Lora stopped here at the hotel yesterday to say hi and check on me and bring me some beautiful roses and lilies.
Thanks for thinking of me troopersma, when are you going for your surgery?
divamc
on 6/12/13 3:05 am - Riverview, FL

May I ask what procedure you had?  I have my DS with Dr. Kelly next Friday.

Heather P.
on 6/12/13 12:21 pm

Of course! I had the sleeve. Message me if you have any other questions! Dr. Kelly and his team and family are true gems!

Danigirl58
on 6/6/13 2:19 pm - Winnipeg, Canada
VSG on 06/19/13

Hi there,

I was a little worried to, but today I can totally say all my questions have been answered. I have been using email to contract her and today I started texting her at her number. I would say have some patients with her, she is not a RN and is learning all the med speak as she goes. She answered all my questions and settled some fears that I was having. I am now good and have a settled mind. Do you have her contact info?

christine500
on 6/7/13 6:46 am

I am having issues of unprofessional behavior with Dr Aceves' staff as well.  Maybe it is a "mexico' thing.

Makes me want to pay $5K more and just have it done locally.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views