VSG in TJ Mexico

tbrown9
on 5/20/13 11:53 am - Louisville, KY

Hello everyone! 

I am new to the forum and am inspired by so many of your stories. I'm so glad I joined. Well, I am looking into getting the VSG single incision procedure with Dr. Carlos Diaz with Mexico Bariatric Center. Has anyone used him that can give me any information? Thanks!

T.B.

llLou
on 5/20/13 9:42 pm - Halifax NS, Canada

I used Dr. Kelly in TJ Mexico (I had VSG) and had an excellent experience with him I went directly through his office and was able to speak to him the day I was approved for surgery.

After that I was able to speak to his assistant or Dr. Kelly if I needed to. Dr. Kelly comes to meet you the first day you are admitted. I was admitted to the hospital on a Sunday evening and he came in to greet me and see if I had any questions. He's a great surgeon and a caring man.He has done over 8000 bariatric surgeries.

I'm sure other people can give you advise  on Dr.Diaz I just haven't heard of him. 

Good Luck in this great journey!

tbrown9
on 5/20/13 10:48 pm - Louisville, KY
Thank you for your reply! I was wondering is Dr Kelly did the single incision procedure for your sleeve?
llLou
on 5/21/13 12:51 am - Halifax NS, Canada

He does the 3 small abdominal and one small between the breast incision laparoscopic surgery. He also uses the Dura Bond glue not stitches or staples.

I'm happy to answer any questions about my experience. I had no pain. just a bit of nausea prior to my meds. Dr. Kelly gives you a stomach,pain and anti nausea meds every 6 hours. 

tbrown9
on 5/21/13 1:11 am - Louisville, KY
Thanks! That's good to know. I apppreciate your help.
valleymom40
on 5/22/13 12:13 am

I would not go with MBC.  They left a woman at the hospital when we were all going to have a leak test done at another hospital.  She came with us as dr kelly did not want to leave her behind.  Dr.Kelly's wife took us to our hotel after the test and then the other woman to her hotel.   It was nice that dr kelly did this for her because he did not have to.  Reseacher your dr well and the company you are dealing with.  I too went through dr kelly and had a wonderful surgery!!!!! Great people and it seems they really do care about you.  Dr. Kelly....all the way!!!!!!

tbrown9
on 5/22/13 1:15 am - Louisville, KY
Thank you so very much! That was extremely helpful information. I am sheduling with Dr. Kelly for sure. Who did u go through and was it the single incision procedure?
troopersma
on 6/1/13 11:52 am

Go through Dr. Kelly's office directly.  When I first tried I THOUGHT I was dealing with his office because I didn't realize MBC was a different entity.  By calling his office directly I saved some $$.  I am scheduled for July 16th...come join me!  :)

Jennifer L.
on 6/13/13 7:25 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

Would you mind telling me the cost?

HW: 275 SW: 265 CW: 200 GW: 135 Month 1: -25 Month 5: -65lbs total
On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

"You make me new, you are making me new" Gungor

Ndalyrn13
on 6/26/13 7:20 am
When you say go through the office do you mean his coordinators?
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views