Tijuana, VSG, Dr Kelly and Me :)

LaceyKitN
on 5/13/13 2:58 pm - Olympia, WA

This is one of the best reviews that I have read and frankly it is one of the ones that tipped me over the edge and helped me make my decision between the two surgeons that I was deciding between so thank you so much for taking the time to write your review!

Can I ask you a question though that is bothering me just a teeny bit..that may not be any big deal and if you a medical person..if it doesn't bother you..it probably isn't a big deal at all.  As I've been E-Mailing back and forth with Lora she says that Dr. Kelly doesn't use drains.  I know that I didn't need a drain at all for the lapband but it seems this is just a bit more extensive of a surgery with the removal of the stomach (and I'll be a revision of a lapband removal after 10 years and then the sleeve) so there will be scarring and probably be more blood, etc.  Won't I need a drain?  I don't know.  I guess I should just ask Dr. Kelly.  He's the Doc.  I trust he knows what he's doing.  I asked on another board how much was in the drains and it didn't sound like there was a whole lot.  I think I may just be worrying for nothing because I'm not a medical professional so I know that some surgeons use them and some don't so I wonder why it's not consistent.  But you seem very pleased..as do 98% of the reviews.

Thank you again for this great review!

Michelle
Loan was approved today!
Step 2--Get FMLA paperwork filled ou

llLou
on 5/14/13 7:24 am - Halifax NS, Canada

I am so glad you are choosing Dr. Kelly. You will be so happy you did.

I did have a drain and all went well with it.I only felt a bit of pressure from it twice when i bent down to dry my legs after I showered. It didn't even hurt to get it removed.

Feel free to message me with any questions. My experience was much the same as above. My friend(who is also a nurse) and I were treated like gold. Such a positive experience. Good Luck!

gibson_girl
on 5/14/13 4:17 pm
VSG on 04/22/13
I think he places drains on a case by case basis. I didn't, thankfully, need one (I've never had one but I've taken care of them, look painful and in the way).

Once you get there, or even before you get there (he will gladly call you) ask him his thoughts.

A drain is a big deal leaving you open to additional pain or infection. Of course if you need one it is a different story, but I trusted Dr Kelly to determine the need since he's done so many.

Dr Ramos Kelly 4/22/13

Highest 263   Pre-op 252 Current 240

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views