May 10th with Dr Aceves

daisies76
on 4/23/13 10:25 am

I will be having my band over bypass done with Dr Aceves on May 10.  Anyone else going at that time? 

daisies76
on 5/4/13 2:52 am

I am leaving this Thursday, no one else is coming at this time? 

Islandertra
on 5/7/13 6:27 am - Courtenay, Canada
VSG on 05/15/13

I don't leave until Monday , surgery on the 15th.So excited we will have to keep in touch and have this journey together . Wishing  you great success and quick recovery !! Tracy

Today is the first day of the rest of my life and I am not going to waste it !!!  Tracy

daisies76
on 5/13/13 7:25 am

HI Tracy,

I got home yesterday, all went well and it was a very good experience, but Im glad its over.  Let me know when you are home and feeling normal, Id love to keep in touch!  Prayers for an uneventful surgery, you are in great hands.

Jamie

katiekat412
on 5/15/13 8:23 am

I'm considering this surgery with him- how did it go? Are you losing any weight? Why did you choose BOB over a bypass revision? What was your BMI when you went?

THANKS FOR ANY INFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

daisies76
on 5/15/13 11:11 am

Hi Katie,

My experience with Dr Aceves and his entire staff was great. I can give you details of what to expect if youd like specific info.  My BMI was 31-32.  I decided on the Band over Bypass because I have a goal to lose about 40-50lbs. My starting weight was 182.  Im 5'3, I didnt want to go through a major surgery like the DS because I am lower in the BMI and because I have heard bad things about the vitamin deficiencies, etc.  I already suffered with that having the bypass.  I had really low iron and had to go through the infusions at one point and I really dont want to make that worse.  Maybe Im misinformed but that is the information that I have read about in doing my research. 

I have spoken to many people who had the BOB and they have done extremely well.  Everyone I have spoke with is at or below their goal.  Dr Aceves came highly recommended by another one of his patient that did the BOB also, and she has done fantastic.  I was going through my local Dr here  and was going to be a self pay regardless, but he was putting me through a lot of the same red tape that I would have had to go through if I used insurance.  I was given the run around and would have had to wait until fall to have surgery due to his limited schedule and red tape.  So I said forget it, Im going to Mexico.  I applied for my passport card, rushed the processing and got it in 11 days, and had surgery 13 days after my decision was made.

Im only 5 days post op so the weight loss really hasnt started.  I had a lot of swelling, and actually still do, and I had actually gained about 6-8lbs after surgery because of the swelling.  I have now lost all of that plus an additional 4.  I weighed in at 178 this morning. 

Feel free to private message me if you have any specific questions and i will be happy to answer anything.  Its hard finding many people who had the band over bypass, but Im happy I did.  I just hate this clear liquid stage because I have had it with broth and jello!! 

Whats your BMI?  You dont look heavy in your picture at all.

katiekat412
on 5/18/13 1:06 pm
My BMI in that pic was about 22
Close to 30 now. I'd love DS but with that BMI I think it's unlikely. I can't find anyone with RNY revision, so BOB seems likely. People keep telling me band horror stories though!! Lol

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views