I think I have made up my mind...

divamc
on 4/16/13 12:09 am - Riverview, FL

After looking into different companies and the surgeon data, I think I'm going to go with Dr. Kelly through MBC. He has the most experience with the DS at a price that I can afford. I considered other surgeons, but I'm leaning more so to Dr. Kelly because a. he is a U.S. citizen (I don't know why that comforts me, but it does) b. he has been doing DS surgery longer than other surgeons that I have vetted and c. I was able to talk to him directly and ask all of my questions.

Granted, I am not  a fan of the A Lighter me vs. MBC controversy. It only gave me a slight pause, because I was and still am researching the surgeons more than the coordinators.

dkandsm
on 4/16/13 5:10 am - Alvin, TX

Yes, it does sound like you have your mind made up and have chosen your surgeon.  Kudos to you! :)

llLou
on 4/16/13 9:26 am - Halifax NS, Canada

I know you won't regret your decision to use Dr. Kelly. I went to him Nov. 5th and had a great experience. 

I've had no post op problems and a great recovery.

I went directly through him and his office.

Good luc****ep us posted!

jellis0226
on 4/19/13 3:05 pm - SAN MARCOS, CA
VSG on 05/30/13

I am using Dr. Kelly as well! After my research he seems like the best choice for me. Whe is your surgery? Congrats!!!!

divamc
on 5/2/13 9:52 pm - Riverview, FL
On April 19, 2013 at 10:05 PM Pacific Time, jellis0226 wrote:

I am using Dr. Kelly as well! After my research he seems like the best choice for me. Whe is your surgery? Congrats!!!!

06/21/13. I'm hoping I can stick to the pre op diet. I hope this month goes by fast.

gibson_girl
on 5/2/13 10:11 am
VSG on 04/22/13

I just had my surgery with Dr Kelly on 4/22/13.  I lost 11lbs on the high BMI pre op diet ,and 12 MORE pounds in 11 days after the surgery!

I love, loved the experience.  I booked directly through Dr Kelly.  I met a patient across the hall who was ticked at MBC plus even though you save the $300 the agency takes care of all of your hospital bills so you can't get the upgraded leak test at Hospital Angeles and you don't get to stay in the gorgeous Lucerna with the beautiful area around it.  It was very important to me to schedule with someone who didn't coordinate with many Drs or get a "per head" fee.  I'm a medical professional in the states, and I know this is commonplace in MX and kudos to all the hard working coordinators........BUT I find it odd.  Just hire a secretary and a driver like they do here.....and that is pretty much what they did.  It eliminates all coordinator drama I read about before deciding on a surgeon.  

Anyway, you will love Dr Kelly.  Congratulations!!

Dr Ramos Kelly 4/22/13

Highest 263   Pre-op 252 Current 240

divamc
on 5/2/13 9:53 pm - Riverview, FL
On May 2, 2013 at 5:11 PM Pacific Time, gibson_girl wrote:

I just had my surgery with Dr Kelly on 4/22/13.  I lost 11lbs on the high BMI pre op diet ,and 12 MORE pounds in 11 days after the surgery!

I love, loved the experience.  I booked directly through Dr Kelly.  I met a patient across the hall who was ticked at MBC plus even though you save the $300 the agency takes care of all of your hospital bills so you can't get the upgraded leak test at Hospital Angeles and you don't get to stay in the gorgeous Lucerna with the beautiful area around it.  It was very important to me to schedule with someone who didn't coordinate with many Drs or get a "per head" fee.  I'm a medical professional in the states, and I know this is commonplace in MX and kudos to all the hard working coordinators........BUT I find it odd.  Just hire a secretary and a driver like they do here.....and that is pretty much what they did.  It eliminates all coordinator drama I read about before deciding on a surgeon.  

Anyway, you will love Dr Kelly.  Congratulations!!

Did they give you a detailed vitamin list after surgery?

gibson_girl
on 5/4/13 10:11 am
VSG on 04/22/13
I'm pretty sure they have different packets for the DS, but I got a nice sized packet with a lot of nutritional info and it was all explained to me twice, once by Alina and once by Dr Kelly's wife.

Since my surgery VSG is not malabsorptive I think the vitamin intake is very different. Dr Kelly spends a lot of time with you regardless who you book with.

Dr Ramos Kelly 4/22/13

Highest 263   Pre-op 252 Current 240

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views