Starting Out......

pattiashcraft
on 3/27/13 12:56 am - Rosharon, TX

I am new at looking into Mexico, couple questions, do you go for a consult?

Do you just sign up and fly (or drive) to Mexico and it scheduled?

I need some guidance on how to start.

I've gone to 2 doctors in the states, insurance covers, but have to have a BMI of 40 or more and mine is 37

Kelly-AnneH
on 3/27/13 1:58 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
I met one woman that deliberately gained 25# so her insurance would pay for her VSG. She said it was actually a lot harder than you'd think.

Dr Aceves did my VSG last June. I filled in the application for surgery online and clicked send. He read it over and I got an email saying he'd approved me. I then booked my date and paid a $500 deposit. I booked our flight that day and started my pre-op diet a week later. (A week early - I was pretty excited)

We decided to augment my trip for surgery with a few holiday days, so flew down on the Friday. My sis and her daughter joined us the next day. (She'd managed to book the same surgical date) We enjoyed our hotel and some shopping, then were picked up at the airport on Monday morning. Ramon drove us across to Calexico, then across the border into Mexicali - the hospital is only a few blocks from the border crossing. We had tests done, met with the doctors, then were driven to a very nice hotel to relax, have lunch and a nice dinner, fill in more paperwork and get a good night's sleep.

Ramon picked us up at 7, took us back to the hospital and we got settled into our private rooms. There's a leather sofa and bedding for the support person. We were given something to help us relax, then it was my turn to head for surgery.

Other than some brief bouts of gas pain and nausea the next few days went well. Sleep, walk, sip, repeat...

Ramon picked us up at 7 Friday morning and drove us back to San Diego. He dropped another patient and her Mum at the airport, then took us to our hotel. We rested for an hour, then called a cab and went shopping. Next day Ronnie went home. Barry and I shopped more, then enjoyed a lovely long walk along the beach. Other than needing to stop and rest occasionally I felt great.

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views