Drs. Cabrerra and Valenzuela

LVeronica
on 3/3/13 9:22 pm

I am about a week and a half post vertical gastric sleeve.  I went through MexicoBariatricCenter and Christy was my coordinator.  Drs. Cabrerra and Valenzuela were my surgeons in Tijuana and Dr. Garcia assisted.  Everything went smoothly.  Every question I had was answered quickly and completely.  When my plane was very delayed arrangements were made for me.  I feel great, although I am getting a little tired of liquids!  I had no significant post operative pain, nausea, vomiting or other complications.  I walked several miles the first day I was in the hotel.  I was taken to the Tijuana Marriott after being discharged from the hospital and the accomodations and service there was impeccable.  The hospital was clean and well equipped and the staff was friendly and professional and spoke very good English.  I am very happy with my results and would be happy to comment further on my experience if anyone has any questions.      

llLou
on 3/4/13 12:36 am - Halifax NS, Canada

I went to TJ in Nov.2012 and had Dr. Kelly do my surgery. He is now with Mexico Bariatric Center.He is a very skilled surgeon and such a nice person. He certainly cares for his patients.

My experience was like yours very positive. The only difference we stayed at the Lucerne Hotel. It was beautiful.

I'm glad you're doing well. I'm feeling great and would do it again in a heartbeat. 

lucasnlaken
on 3/9/13 10:44 am - Santa Rosa Beach, FL
VSG on 08/12/13

I am scheduled for April 11, 2013 surgery with Drs. Cabrerra and Valenzuela as well.  I am relieved to hear your story and know that I will be well taken care of.  How are you feeling now?

Stephanie

Stephanie

VSG August 12, 2013

LVeronica
on 3/10/13 4:39 am

I still feel great. I had no significant pain, no nausea, no vomiting. My incisions are healing well. The day I arrived at the hotel, I was able to walk several miles. The area around the hotel seems very safe.  There is a Walmart and a grocery store within a half mile of the Marriott hotel.  The Walmart has a pretty little plaza in front of it. I took a cab to the beach and walked along the shore and went shopping on Revolution Avenue.  I went by myself and never felt unsafe.   I did not loose any weight the first week, but lost 6 pounds the second week. It is very liberating not to be hungry all the time.   My incisions itch a little and I am getting tired of soft foods, but that can hardly be considered a complaint!  I went back to work the day after I flew home, on my 5th day post op without any problem.   Everyplace I went took US dollars at 10 to 1, and gave change in pesos.  A little less than the official exchange rate, but no fees and no minimums.  Make sure you have a handful of Pesos or $1 bills to tip with. 

veryexcitedbutnervous
on 3/11/13 4:22 am

I am scheduled for gastric sleeve on April 3, any suggestions or tips?

LVeronica
on 3/18/13 11:10 am

Everything is really taken care of for you.  The only thing that was a challenge for me was BOREDOM, especially in the hospital.  I felt fine and there is really not much to do but read ( I should have brought a second book), watch TV, and walk a zillion laps down the very small hospital hallway.    

LVeronica
on 4/2/13 11:11 am, edited 5/19/13 5:21 pm

It sounds as if you have no personal experience with Mexico Bariatric Center and an axe to grind for some unknown reason. 

Edit: This post was in response to a diatribe against Mexico Bariatric Center which has since been deleted.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views