Scared of Tijuana hotel!

baydoll
on 3/17/13 6:14 am - Ottawa, Canada

I'm sure everything will be great.....once you start dropping pounds, you'll soon forget all those worries!! Good luck!!

hollykim
on 3/18/13 2:50 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

Just to ease your mind,hospitals in the US CANNOT turn you away from care. No matter where you had surgery or what your lifestyle might be,nothing allows them to turn you away and that goes for doctors who work in hospitals as well. it is against the law.

Now,that said,you would be charged for the services but you could work out a payment plan with them. that is better than dying  for lack of any care.

Many insurance co if you have any,will pick up some of the costs depending on the complication cause lots of issues can happen to normal gutted people as well,like strictures,telescoping intestines,hernias,etc. these things don't just happen to wls'ers. it would be up to the ins co to prove your wls caused the problem which they likely couldn't do. I also dont feel obligated to tell the ins co I self paid for wls. if they couldnt pay for it they have no right to know I paid for it. that is strictly my opinion.

so dont worry over much about this aspect.

I stayed at the Lucerna hhotel after a procedure in TJ two weeks ago and it was perfectly safe. Doormen at the doors 24hrs. you have to key the elevator with your room key to get it to move so not just any joe blow can get up to the rooms. A safe was available if we wanted,but we didnt we took our valuables everywhere we went in a backpack inccluding our Ipad,and left nothing valuable in the room. I left jewelry at hom wasnt going to need it and didnt want to mess with it.

gloriouslori
on 3/18/13 3:35 am
Thanks so much! That really puts my mind at ease and does make sense.

After having a friend just get diagnosed with diabetes, I realized that the complications I could face from not having the surgery would most likely be worse than any I would have as a result of the surgery. It's a chance I'm willing to take and I'm so excited!

Thanks again for your reply and congratulations on your surgery!
SerendipityHappens
on 3/17/13 6:00 am

Doreen, MiDoctor is a hospital. We spend two nights at the hospital and then an additional two nights at the hotel. 

baydoll
on 3/17/13 6:17 am - Ottawa, Canada

Thanks for the info....there are so many negative stories about clinics and it scares me. Hospitals are more reassuring.

its-killen-me
on 3/13/13 4:00 pm - Selkirk, Canada
DS on 06/14/12

Hotel Lucerna is beautiful.  I went with Dr. Ponce de Leon, and was operated on at INT hospital.  Everything went great and the care was excellent.  I have also met someone who went to Dr. Ortiz and said everything was great there too.  Good luck with whom ever you choose. Barb

Dr. Jamie Ponce de Leon - Medical guide Laurie Wolf Received money Never showed up - Only thing booked were flights.  Surgeon and Medical team, and hospital were awesome .  There is another Medical guide named Trish she is good.  PM me for info.    
gloriouslori
on 3/13/13 10:05 pm
Hey Barb, thanks for the reply. I've heard so many great things about so many doctors! I'm pretty confident now about the doctors and facilities in Mexico. The problem is that my family isn't. It's a very hard decision to make without any support. I'm afraid of have complications after the fact and having to hear, "I told you so.". I can handle having the surgery without support of my family, but will I be able to handle the lifestyle change and any complications without family support? This website and forum is great, but a cheerleader by my side would make a world of difference.
SanchezM0126
on 3/15/13 5:40 am - Orlando, FL
Today I scheduled my VSG with dr Ortiz from the OCC. I guess the only advantage is that I'm bilingual and shouldn't have trouble with communication. But the fear is there and I'm just praying for the best good luck!
gloriouslori
on 3/17/13 8:35 am
I booked with Dr. Ortiz for April 12. I'm really excited! When is your appointment?
SanchezM0126
on 3/17/13 9:44 am - Orlando, FL
I arrive April 16th, and surgery day is on April 17th! Mu anxiousness is turning into excitement as the days get closer
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views