I left my tummy in Mexicali!

(deactivated member)
on 2/7/13 7:02 pm

I flew into San Diego and was picked up by Dr Aceves' driver (Ernesto). They made arrangements for me to spend the first night at a hotel in Mexicali. Its called Hotel Lucerna and its VERY nice with a beautiful inground pool and a couple restaurants. They also make arrangements for Ernesto to pick you up and drop you off from the hotel. Everything is completely covered by DrAceves' team except your food at the hotel. I also had a hernia repair while I was there and it completely solved my heartburn problem.

hollykim
on 2/7/13 11:00 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

Thanks for the info. I am hoping and praying that fixing the hernia solves my reflux too. Welcome to the losers bench,you are going to love your sleeve and the things it is going to make possible for you.

GL

albertamom
on 2/14/13 1:47 am

I will be leaving mine on March 1, 2013... Cannot believe it!!!

darlynn
on 3/10/13 12:42 am - Appleton, WI

I'm going for a revision from band to vertical sleeve the 1st week in April.  It's so calming to see posts about the great experiences people have had with Dr. Aceves and his team!  Watching the You Tube videos has been really helpful too!  I just want the flight and surgery behind me and to get through the immediate post-op period without any complications.  I know my insurance wiill not cover complications related to this surgery once I am back in the U.S. which is why I chose Dr. Aceves.  The cost is higher but in the end... I hope the additional cost will decrease my chances for complications.  Holy Moly I am nervous... April is going to be here in the blink of an eye!

beach_mama
on 3/26/13 11:58 pm
VSG on 08/16/12

Hi Darlynn, you won't regret it one bit...Dr. Aceves and Campos are wonderful.  I'm so glad I picked them...the whole experience was great!!

Good luck

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views