Dr. Kelly?????????? TJ Mexico

anonamus551
on 1/10/13 5:31 pm, edited 8/30/13 9:23 pm
I'm new confused and I'd like current reviews on Dr. Kelly. Any info would be nice Thanks
6penningtons
on 1/11/13 11:47 am - MO
DS on 12/12/12

I've read a few reviews about him on here...I would suggest you do a search on this site for Dr. Kelly to see the older ones.  Sometimes there isn't a lot of action on the Mexico page (unfortunately!)

Age: 34; Ht: 5'2; High Wt: 190; Goal Wt: 120; DS by Dr. Lopez 12/12/12

anonamus551
on 1/11/13 12:01 pm
Thanks
llLou
on 1/20/13 6:21 am - Halifax NS, Canada

Hi! I was sleeved by Dr. Kelly on November 5th,2012. I have lost 22 pounds and +++ inches( unfortunately I didn't measured myself pre surgery).

I had a great experience as did the other patient done the same day. Dr. Kelly and his staff are excellent! The hospital was very clean with excellent staff. The hotel Lucerna was beautiful.

I was sleeved at 2 pm and was up and walking by early evening. The pain was almost non exsistant except for a bit of pressure from my drain. Dr. Kelly has a pain and anti nausea meds routine given by IV.On day two I was walking everywhere and feeling great. Day three we were discharged from the Florence Hospital and had our leak test done at a newer hospital on our way to the hotel.

After checking into the hotel and having our first meal of broth we were taken out shopping. We walked around from 2 pm until 6 pm and then went to supper.My friend(who accompanied me down) who is a nurse couldn't believe how well we were doing just 48 hours after surgery.Day four was more shopping in the afternoon and a nice supper of delicious  broth at one of Dr. Kelly's favorite restaurants.

Dr. Kelly came to the hotel both days to check on us. I cannot say enough positive things about DR. Kelly. He is such a caring,thoughtful and skilled surgeon. We met his wife and son also.

Even my flight home was painless. Leaving San Diego at 1 pm and arriving home at 2 am with a 3 hour time change.

I have had no problems since arriving back home. It was the best decision I have ever made.

Please message me if you have any questions. Good Luck!

allsanitylost
on 2/3/13 4:06 am - Palatka, FL
VSG on 07/02/12

My husband was sleeved by Dr Kelly the day after Christmas.  Hes lost about 30 lbs in the month since.  Most of the nurses/staff do not speak english & I hated that the paperwork we were expected to sign was only in Spanish with no English translation.  Other than that though, the experience was good.  Dr Kelly and the other docs spoke great english & Dr Kelly visits every day posst op to check on any problems.  The hospital was okay, but the hotel was gorgeous.  His pain was very minimal & his recovery was about 5 times better and easier than mine was when I got sleeved.  We would both reccomend him.

llLou
on 2/9/13 3:02 am - Halifax NS, Canada

Although the papers I signed were in Spanish the nurses I had spoke English. There were 2 nurses on per shift plus a doctor who also spoke English.The hospital was an older hospital but very clean and some parts were being renovated

I was sleeved by Dr. Kelly Nov.5 2012. I had a great experience with the Oasis hospital and the Lucerne hotel. It is a beautiful hotel.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views