I know this has been asked before but.. Alvarez or Aceves? any GOOD BLOGS i can read??

shutterfly
on 10/30/12 8:13 am - vancouver, Canada

I have narrowed it down to these two doctors and am I'm just trying to get a general consensus and wonder what people have read/ first hand experienced? I know people have asked this before, but I'm wanting more current experiences.

lala285
on 10/31/12 3:50 am - OK
VSG on 08/06/12

I can only speak about my experience with Dr. Aceves, which was a pleasant one. I was pleased with the medical treatment, and the care from the staff. I wrote about my experience on this thread http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/mexico/4549372/Dr-Aceves-o n-August-6th/ I'm almost 3 months post-op and down 52lbs, almost 70lbs down if you count the weight lost prior to surgery. Best of luck whomever you choose to go with. 

HW: 291   SW: 273   CW: 168  GW: 153

M1: -22 lbs   M2: -18 lbs  M3: -13 lbs  M4: -10 lbs  M5: -5 lbs   M6: -9 lbs  M7: -5 lbs  M8: -9 lbs  M9: -10 lbs  M10: +3 lbs M11: ? M12: -2 lbs  Stair-step loser.

pineview01
on 11/1/12 3:16 pm - Davison, MI

They both get such great reviews, I'd look at cost to get there and their fees.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

mnmommaof2
on 11/2/12 4:40 am
VSG on 11/23/12

In my research both surgeons have really great reviews and their prices, aftercare, and hospital care are very similar.  The deciding factor for me became their location and that Aceves has more experience and accreditations under his belt. 

DarioM
on 11/3/12 10:42 pm

I had the same dilemma and decided to go with Dr Aceves. Had my surgery on August 15th and have lost 91 lbs to-date. My experience with Dr Aceves and his team in Mexicali was wonderful -- I highly recommend him. For all the details on my surgery check my website theroadtomexicali.com -- I believe you will find it very helpful. Good luck!

mnmommaof2
on 11/4/12 3:00 am
VSG on 11/23/12

DarioM-

Thank you for posting your website!  I'm scheduled with Aceves on Nov. 23rd.  It's good to know you had such a wonderful experience!

DarioM
on 11/4/12 3:31 am

I'm confident everything will be fine. Dr Aceves is a wonderful, very skilled surgeon, and all the members of his team are very talented and caring. Please do me a favor: give my warmest regards to Dr. Aceves and Dr. Campos. Tell them that Dario Munoz and his wife Carmen send a warm hello from Virginia and Puerto Rico. Feel free to email me at [email protected] if you have any more questions. You have my best wishes!

beach_mama
on 12/17/12 7:43 am
VSG on 08/16/12

Hi Dario...looks like you're doing fantastic!  Dr. Aceves and Campos were wonderful and the experience was a breeze.  So glad I did this and feel sooo much better now.  No regrets.

I have 11 lbs to go to get to my goal.

DarioM
on 12/17/12 8:42 am

Hello my dear Beach Mama!

It's good to hear from you. I'm so glad you're just 11 lbs shy of your goal. I already reached my goal -- I'm down to 200 lbs after losing 103 lbs. Everyone says I look great (especially my wife) -- but I'm thinking about going for another 20 lbs, down to 180 lbs. The problem is nobody wants me to do it -- they say I'm going to look too skinny. Haven't made up my mind, we'll see after the new year.

Hope everything continues going well for you. May the New Year bring you happiness, health, wealth... and more weight loss!

Regards, Dario

beach_mama
on 12/18/12 1:02 am
VSG on 08/16/12

Thanks Dario.  A few people have said I don't need to lose anymore but I want to get to the normal weight range for the BMI. I'll do it and see how I look/feel. 200 lbs??  Holy smokes!  That's wonderful!  You must feel wonderful. Congrats to you. I read your blog too...brought back memories. Thanks!

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views