VSG in Mexico? Need Help?

1traveler
on 9/26/12 1:49 pm
VSG on 11/14/12 with

I'm researching Docs in Mexico and would like to know if anyone has information about Dr. Joya in Puerto Vallarta, as I'm thinking about using him as my surgeon. Please let me know if you, or know someone who has had a recent experience with him.
Thanks in advance for your help,
Janice

Mary C.
on 9/27/12 12:39 am - Glovertown, Canada
 Hi Janice - my best friends daughter flew down from Alberta Canada 2yrs ago and had RNY with Dr. Joya. She has done well - no problems with the Mexico part of her surgery experience or since. A friend of hers went 6 months later - same surgery - no troubles. Since then I know of two people related to her friend that have gone doen and had VSG with no problems. I am also friends with someone on OH from Manitoba who had RNY with Dr. Joya back in 2008. All these people I mentioned had good expereinces and have had no post op issues. Hope this helps a bit!

1traveler
on 9/27/12 3:18 am
VSG on 11/14/12 with
Hi Mary, thanks for responding. I've decided to book with Dr. Joya, and pray for a great outcome like your friends. I'm ready to begin my WL journey.

Janice
pineview01
on 9/28/12 2:03 am - Davison, MI
Janice do you have a date yet?  I would love to see you post a review
here after.  Looks like a couple are using Dr. Joya and so far all I know
he is young +/- and uses a new up todate full service hospital. 

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

1traveler
on 9/28/12 3:36 am
VSG on 11/14/12 with
Hi James, I'm working on my date now, probably in mid-Nov. I will definetly post my review and pics .

Janice
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views