Alighterme

mojod610
on 8/29/12 6:02 pm - Richmond Hill, GA
I've been talking to the patient coordinator for alighterme.com regarding having weight loss surgery with Dr. Alejandro Lopez in Mexico. I keep freaking out over the thought of having gastric bypass done in Mexico. When I was considering gastric sleeve I felt more secure with the decision, now I am worried about the complications associated with gastric bypass. Any tips, hints, or advice from someone else who has gone through alighterme.com? Also, Dr. Lopez wants me to switch to bypass because I have gastroparesis and he is afraid that the sleeve will exasperate my condition. Help, Please.
Amielouwhoo
on 8/30/12 9:26 am - Layton, UT
RNY on 08/27/12 with

I am in Puerta Vallarta now recovering from RNY. My Dr. Joya anthis staff have been outstanding. I had surgery on Mon. And went back to the hotel yesterday. The Dr. Came to see me this morning and all is well. The hospital I was in Amerimed was nicer than the hospitals at home. Nurses spoke a little English but enough to get by. I pray for no complications as my health insurance doesn't cover it. I feel great today though. I have heard horror stories about recovery houses. If going to Mexico please research where you would be recovering as well as surgery. Good luck to you!

mojod610
on 8/30/12 10:58 am - Richmond Hill, GA
 I have been researching nonstop. I don't have insurance, so I have very few options about how to get this done. The company I was looking at puts you up at the Marriot in Tijuana. I hope all goes well with your surgery, thank you for the advice.
NomieRebecca
on 9/2/12 12:25 pm - Lindale, TX
VSG on 09/25/12
 Hi there, have you looked at belight weight yet? That is who I am using as my patient facilitators and they have surgeons in Juarez, Tijuana and a few other places. I am having my gastric sleeve surgery Sept 25th in Juarez. Since I don't have insurance, they are allowing me to finance it with $3500 down and $200 a month for 2 years. 

Just stay strong and keep doing your research and you will be fine :D

Sherri297
on 9/19/12 2:15 pm - ID
I"m having VSG surgery with Dr. Lopez Oct. 8th in TJ. He comes very highly recomended on http://www.mexicobariatricsurgeons.com  I believe that he is very cautious and only has your best intrest in mind. He requested that I get an echocardiogram before he would approve my surgery. I had a heart attack 4 years ago. It reassured me that he was keeping that in mind. Best of luck to you.

mojod610
on 9/20/12 3:57 pm - Richmond Hill, GA
I am having bypass on the 26th. I'll try to let you know how everything is in Tijuana.
shanti4758
on 9/21/12 6:31 pm
 Hi I am considering that week as well with the husband and wife team. I have been dealing with nathan at mexico bariatrics. We may be there the same week.did they give you details on what times you could arrive or depart by plane or any pre op diet etc? Did u speak with the dr? I am just looking at available flight options that week so i can decide on the 9,10 or 11 openings. Can you also email me direct so we can chat. [email protected]
Thanks

ChristinaS9476
on 9/21/12 1:15 pm - Alvaton, KY
RNY on 11/15/12
 I'm glad I found this!  I have arranged my surgery for myself and my mother with Dr. Lopez through alighterme and I have been pleased so far.  I have been hounding the heck out of my coordinator with questions, but my surgery is scheduled for November 15th in Puerto Vallarta.  
Personally, I am opting for the gastric bypass because my mother is diabetic and I of course have the precursors for it...and I have GERD and I have heard that the bypass will improve it.
I feel confident that the coordinators and doctors have our best interests at heart and if he suggested that you have the bypass instead of the sleeve, it's probably a better call.  During my research I have found coordinators trying to plug one or the other, but I have heard of plenty of people having different procedures done there, so I don't think that's the case.
I know this is old, so I don't know if you have scheduled yet, but I hope somewhere you got peace of mind!

mojod610
on 9/21/12 4:57 pm - Richmond Hill, GA
I am having my surgery this coming Wednesday. I ended up going for bypass because I have a condition called gastroparesis. I am kind of getting excited...
ChristinaS9476
on 9/22/12 11:18 am - Alvaton, KY
RNY on 11/15/12
 Oh wow!  That's great!  I hope everything goes well for you.   Good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views