Cheated on the PRE OP diet for dr. aceves

(deactivated member)
on 8/15/12 6:30 am
VSG on 08/25/12
So this is my 3rd day on the post op diet im doing it for 2 weeks although they said one she said 2 weeks was fine. and i gave in and had carbs, like alot..it was last night around 12am. so today im starting back on track with my low carb high protein. my coordinator said id crave about the 3rd day and i did but now im good. lesson learned and i feel guilty! i have 11 days left until surgery and i hope i dont cheat again. has anyone else cheated on there low card high protein diet? What if my liver doesnt shrink? can they tell? lol i just dont want any complications! Thanks!
Teasha1
on 8/15/12 7:34 pm
VSG on 06/04/12
I would think they can tell; I had a hard time to, but the fact that I needed the best possible outcome kept me on the straight and narrow; and I was to scared that Dr Ponce would turn me away if my liver was not shrunk. Good Luck I am sure you will do good now that you have it out of your system.

Dr. Sauceda future patient  - body will be by Sauceda!

Surgery 4 Jun 12 Dr Ponce de Leon in Mexico I was down 57 lbs prior to surgery.

DarioM
on 8/20/12 11:33 am
I had my surgery with Dr. Aceves on Wednesday last week and I'm back home now -- I've already lost 12 lbs and I'm fealing great. The experience with Dr. Aceves was EXCELLENT! Everything, from the pickup at the hotel and drive to Mexicali, the hotel, the hospital, the doctor's personnel, the operation, and the doctors themselves (Dr. Aceves and Dr. Campos, who operate as a team) -- everything was superb. Regarding the pre op diet, I followed mine strictly for 3 weeks and lost 20 lbs. Dr. Aceves said he could tell because the fat around my liver had shrunk recently (as a result of my high protein/low carb-fat diet). In spite of that, Dr. Aceves I still had a lot of fat around the liver. So I would definetly encourage you to avoid breaking the diet. The day I decided to get my operation, that same day I decided to never eat like a fat person again - and that helped me through those tough 3 weeks. But the result was worth it. I can only speak wonders of Dr. Aceves so if you have more questions feel free to ask. Good luck!
maryja
on 9/9/12 9:29 pm - NS, Canada
Dr. Aceves is really great.  He's a really good surgeon and he and his staff take excellent care of their patients, but you want everything to go extremely well, so you need to make up your mind to just follow the diet.  It's only a short time.  I can remember I did have carb cravings, but I made sure I had snacks that were low carb, so when I needed something, I had it.  You CAN do this and really, you owe it to yourself to do it.  My BMI was 40 so I was just on the borderline of needing the preop diet but honestly, I was so determined to have everything go really well, I followed the diet for 10 days.  I ended up losing 9 pounds which was a great way to start the journey.  I was weighed as I was admitted to Hospital Almater and seeing that weight loss was SUCH a good feeling. :)

Good luck to you.  Adopt the NIKE motto and "Just do it!"

MJ
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views