Dr. Joya?

oconnell
on 8/2/12 10:50 am
VSG on 08/31/12 with
I'm seriously considering booking my RNY with Dr. Joya- has anyone had any experience with him? Yay or nay? 
Mary C.
on 8/9/12 8:55 am - Glovertown, Canada
 I have waited to see if anyone would reply to you - so far - has not happened. I did not have Dr. Joya. BUT - my best friends daughter flew down from Alberta for RNY 2 yrs ago. No problems - no regrets. A friend of hers - same thing. That persons father went down from Newfoundland and had a sleeve, and a friend of his as well - no problems. And I am friends on facebook with a lady from Alberta who had RNY back in 2008 with Dr. Joya - then went back down 2 yrs later for full plastics. No problem. So that's five people who I know that have had Dr. Joya with no problems and no regrets. Hope this helps a bit! Unfortunately none of these people are posters on the OH boards - so I can't direct you to their profiles.

Amielouwhoo
on 8/30/12 2:27 pm - Layton, UT
RNY on 08/27/12 with

I had surgery on Mon. By Dr. Joya. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I'm still in Puerta Vallarta and doing great. I can't say enough good things about him. I think he was wonderful as was the team. The hotel on the beach is great. It is hot and humid here right now. I hear Jan is the best to March.  I'll be going back to Utah on Sat.  I think alot of Dr. Joya's patients are on his message board on Yahoo. He has his own website and message boards. That is why you are not hearing from anyone. We all post on it. 

1traveler
on 9/30/12 8:31 am
VSG on 11/14/12 with
Hi Amielouwhoo, I'm interested in using Dr. Joya for a VSG. I would just like to know how you arranged your procedure? I'm a little hesistant and skeptical about the whole process. Please let me know if it legitimate. Who was your contact person? I would appreciate any light you can shed on your experience and the whole process.

Thanks in advance for your assistance,
Janice
Amielouwhoo
on 9/30/12 10:45 am - Layton, UT
RNY on 08/27/12 with

Hi Janice,

I highly recommend that you go through Dr. Joya. Tomorrow will be 5 weeks since I had the surgery. I am doing fantastic. He did a wonderful job. I went to DrJoya.com and was able to contact them through the website. Gerald is the guy who makes all the arrangements with the Dr. I recommend finding your own flight as it will be cheaper. The hospital was a clean, up to date, new hospital. I was very impressed with it. Dr. Joya and Dr. Espinoza (his partner) were both nice, spoke English well and I feel very well educated not to mention handsome! lol..... If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me. If you want to speak in person provide me an email address and I will give you my phone number.

Have a nice night,

Amy

jazzyjess
on 11/10/12 3:28 am - NJ

hi Amy,

I just want to talk to you because am planning to get surgery on 12/14/2012 with Dr. Joya. my best friend is coming with me but she having second thoughts and it making me have second thoughts... please help clear my head. please email me at [email protected].

thank you

Jessenia

lovelyluckylady 12345
on 1/16/13 9:47 am
VSG on 05/31/12

Hi Amielouwhoo I was wondering if you could email me? I have lots of questions. Please and thank you so much!!! [email protected] 

Amielouwhoo
on 1/27/13 2:39 pm - Layton, UT
RNY on 08/27/12 with
Amielouwhoo
on 1/27/13 2:41 pm - Layton, UT
RNY on 08/27/12 with
cvilla84
on 4/6/13 9:55 am - TX
Hello Amy, I was hoping i can speak with you about the process with Dr Joya. my email is [email protected] so much i hope to hear from you soon.. Christine
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views