VSG surgery August 16th with Dr. Aceves...anyone else?

beach_mama
on 7/26/12 11:23 pm
VSG on 08/16/12
Hello, surgery is booked for Aug.16th and heading to Mexico alone.  Anyone else going to be there around the same time?
(deactivated member)
on 8/4/12 4:41 pm
VSG on 08/25/12
 im going the 25th will you let me know how everything went? Good luck!!
beach_mama
on 8/5/12 7:47 am
VSG on 08/16/12
 Yes of course I will!  Can't wait
beach_mama
on 8/24/12 5:40 am
VSG on 08/16/12
Hi Zoe,

I know you're having some anxiety...I too suffer from anxiety but honestly, I had no problems going alone.  I met another girl there at the airport and we had surgery the same day.  We had a meal together the night before and shared our stories etc.  It was nice meeting her there...we've been in touch since through e-mails as well.
Not to worry, you'll do great.  I'm so glad I went through it.  It's normal to feel anxious and have cold feet before but you can do this!!
M

DarioM
on 8/8/12 4:40 am
Hello Beach Mama -- I'm having my surgery on the the day before (Aug 15th). I'll be there with my wife so make sure to drop by when you get there.
beach_mama
on 8/8/12 5:13 am
VSG on 08/16/12
 Great to hear Dario!  Good luck to you and see you there.  Today is day one of pre-op diet...so far so good. 

DarioM
on 8/8/12 9:09 am
I've been on the pre-op for 2 weeks and I've lost 17 lbs -- I'm so excited! Make sure to read the post from Lala285 dated July 9th "Dr. Aceves on August 6th". I'll see you at the hospital. Have a safe trip.
beach_mama
on 8/8/12 9:40 am
VSG on 08/16/12
Ok, read them all from Lala...great information!

Thanks and good luck to you and safe travels.  See you soon

beach_mama
on 8/23/12 10:35 pm, edited 8/23/12 10:35 pm
VSG on 08/16/12
Hi Dario,  hope all is well with you.  You were right, I felt so much better each day.  Trying to get all the liquids and protein in everyday and not doing too badly.  How about you?  I've already lost 16 lbs! Can't believe it...weigh less than my husband finally...(it's been a while haha).  It was nice meeting you...good luck on your new adventure/life!

M

DarioM
on 8/24/12 10:29 am
Hi there! I'm so glad to hear you're doing well.  I've already lost 18 lbs since the surgery (a total of 38 lbs since I started, because I lost 20 lbs with my 3-week pre-op diet). My incisions are healing well but I'm still suppurating a little from the drainage incision. I start walking today -- haven't done much so far except work at my desk. Everything else I'm feeling great.  I've also been writing a journal on my journey towards batriatric surgery, called "Love in the Time of Obesity", which I expect to finish yy the weekend. I'm going to post it on my website as an ebook'll -- hopefully it'll help others interested in taking this important step. I'll let you know so you can check it out. Thanks for reaching out and good luck to you, too!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views