A couple of questions for those that have had surgery in Mexico....

M C.
on 7/20/12 3:54 am, edited 5/27/13 12:51 am

x

ND2BTHN
on 7/22/12 1:04 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/16/12
 San Diego. The driver was waiting for me at the airport with a name sign. The drive was 3 hours from the airport to the hospital. I paid half with a certified check and the remaining with my credit card.

HW: 235   SW:227   Preopw:218   GW:120   HT:5'3  
Sandy S.
on 7/23/12 3:44 pm - Skokie, IL
  I had a sleeve done with Dr. Ponce on July 10, 2012 with Trish as my coordinator.  She is amazing, she goes above and beyond.  With no doubts, I would go with Dr. Ponce.  What I didn't know is he is a teacher of the WLS procedures and the hospital and staff are awesome.mine hotel is charming, and Trish took me site seeing two days, which she didn't have to do.  Here's her contact info...tell her Senada sent you so she knows you are serious.  I am referring all of my friends to her and I felt 100 percent safe in Tijuana...I mention this as safety was a concern of mine.  They pick you up and drop you off at the San Diego airport.  The sleeve cost me $5,500 plus 3% ($5,660 or so) because I used my Visa to pay.  This includes two nights in the hotel, but airfare is extra and you arrange that on your own.  

Good luck!!!

Senada 

Trish M.

Patient coordinator.
Phone:619 207-4114
Cell: (661)886-4617
 www.wls4betterlife.com
Facebook 
Sandy S.
on 7/23/12 3:45 pm - Skokie, IL
 Oh and the drive 20 mins, the border is right there in San Diego.  I reallyhad a great experience and charged it for the same reason as you....miles!!!!  
eyeseehot1
on 8/1/12 9:25 am - FL
I had the Gastric Sleeve on May 14,2012. Dr. Lopez and his wife performed my surgery. I had to fly into San Diego. The clinic send a driver to pick us up and took us to Tijuana Mexico Marriott. We stayed there the first night. Then the next morning the driver picked us up and took us to the INT Hospital where i had my surgery that night and then stayed at the hospital for 2 nights. The next morning the driver picked us up and then took us back to the marriott for 2 nights. Dr. Lopez and his staff visit twiced a day making sure everything was ok and that i didnt need anything. My last night Dr. Lopez came to the hotel and took the drip out. The next day i was picked up by the driver and took to the airport. Since then I have lost 35 pounds. dont worry Mexico is safe.
Kelleigh710
on 8/17/12 12:24 pm
On July 20, 2012 at 10:54 AM Pacific Time, marykc1 wrote:
What city did you fly into for which doctor?  Did they meet you at the airport?

How long was the drive from your airport to the clinic?

How did you pay?  Cashiers check?  Did any of them take a credit card (Earning miles on my card would be great!)?

Thanks for any help!

Mary K
I flew into san Diego, stayed overnight and was picked up at my hotel by a hospital driver the next morning.

The drive to Hospital Angeles in Tijuana was only 25 minutes. My surgery was with Dr. Juan Antonio Lopez Corvala.

I paid via credit card. 1/2 up front and half when I got there.
newmeki
on 8/30/12 12:26 pm - Saudi Arabia
 I went to Cancun and my surgery was done by Dr Sergio Verboonen.  I had a wonderful experience there and I actually travelled from Saudi Arabia to have surgery in Cancun.  I now almost two years out and truly have had no adverse effects from my surgery.  AND the trip to Cancun was lovely, the doc tor was fantastic and the entire experience was really, truly awesome.  I was very happy with my care and I am a medical professional so I REALLY knew what I was getting in to.  I paid cash for my procedure.  I was met at the airport and driven to the beach front apartment that I rented for my stay.  All transportation was provided, even for the shopping trip I took before my surgery. Not really sure about the time it took to get to the clinic or to the apartment.  I think I was too busy enjoying the fact that I was there.  
Feel free to email me at [email protected] if you have further questions.  I can truly say that my experience was great and I am truly happy that I made the decision to have this procedure.

HW 213, SW 187, GW 125 VSG 11/19/2010 BS 32 

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views