Dr. Ponce de Leon versus Dr. Aceves?

Sandy S.
on 7/12/12 4:41 am - Skokie, IL
Sandy S.
on 7/12/12 4:45 am - Skokie, IL

Hi everyone!!!

Well, I did it!!!! I had the sleeve done on July 10, 2012. Today is the 14th and I feel good. The only real discomfort I have is the bloating. I still have a lot of it, but Trish and the docs assured me that after three days, u will be back to normal. I fell 100 times better than yesterday, my first 24 hours were a bit rough due to the bloating. But after that, it got a lot better. After being picked up at the San Diego airport, I was driven to the hospital, which is privately owned and very nice (looks like marble floors). Being from a foreign country myself, I know that privately owned hospitals are top notch. The nurses are amazing, very sweet and caring. I had gallbladder removal surgery in 2007 in the Chicago area, and while professional, they lacked the warmth I got here. You felt even with the language barrier how caring they are. A nice surprise was that they give you two CD's one of the surgery and one of the post-surgery test to see if there is any leakage and to show you the size of your new stomach. I haven't eaten in three days, and I don't feel hungry. Today is the first day I was given tea and apple juice, which I am sipping slowly. I can't say enough about Trish, how helpful she is, how kind and how sincerely caring she is and making sure the nurses give me all my meds. She even kept calling them and me to see if they gave me headache medicine the day I arrived, likely due to not eating at that point for 24 hrs prior to the surgery. There is wireless Internet, a TV in the room (all the rooms seem to be private, with a built inadded bench for a guest to sleep). I'm here alone, so all of the attention means a lot. I was super nervous, to the point that I almost walked out of the OR, but I assure you, this was a great experience for me and I cannot wait to start seeing results (I feel thinner and better already) . I'm more than willing to answer any questions if you'd like to know more. The only thing I'm shocked about is the price....$5,500.00, that's unbelievable to me. I was quoted over $30,000 in the States, $17,000 in Thailand and $11,000 and $10,000 in another hospital in Mexico and Lebanon, respectively. Good luck to whoever is thinking about it, I have no regrets so far.
Teasha1
on 7/12/12 12:07 pm
VSG on 06/04/12
Congratulations!  Dr Ponce, his team and Trish are wonderful.  A trick I was told about is to put a heating pad on your tummy; and it helps with gas and just relaxing your muscles, it sure felt great I used it off and on for the first week or so and it felt really good.

Keep up the great work and I am so glad you are done and feeling well.

Dr. Sauceda future patient  - body will be by Sauceda!

Surgery 4 Jun 12 Dr Ponce de Leon in Mexico I was down 57 lbs prior to surgery.

Sandy S.
on 7/23/12 3:49 pm - Skokie, IL
 Thank you so much and congrats to you on your success as well!!! 
amytug
on 11/8/12 8:49 am

im so happy to read this!  im planning on using trish and dr. PDL in Feb.

Sandy S.
on 11/8/12 6:48 pm - Skokie, IL

I am confident you will have no regrets, Trish is awesome!  Please tell her Senada said hello!!! Good luck!

pineview01
on 11/10/12 11:16 pm - Davison, MI

Your header shows Dr Aceves.  Did you switch to Dr. PDL?  Or did you switch from Dr PDL to Aceves?

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views