Dr. Ponce Patients-Post Op Diet

jax0601
on 6/24/12 12:46 pm - NV
Hello everyone. I am having the VSG with Dr. Ponce on July 5th. I am wondering if his patients can please tell me about the post-op instructions and diet directions that were given to you ? Any and all info will be greatly appreciated.

Marianne
Teasha1
on 6/25/12 11:49 am
VSG on 06/04/12
Hi Marianne

I was sleeved on 4 Jun by Dr Ponce.

Days 1 to 10 are clear liquids
Days 11 to 20 are full bodied liquids
Days 21 to 31 are pureeds
Days 31 to 41 are repeat pureeds adding in some soft foods

But you will have to listen to your sleeve and how it works.  It may take longer in one or more of the phases. 

Good luck and you will like Dr Ponce he is a nice person and his coordinator Trish is awesome to, if that is who you have.  She was mine, my niece and I both had Dr Ponce.

Dr. Sauceda future patient  - body will be by Sauceda!

Surgery 4 Jun 12 Dr Ponce de Leon in Mexico I was down 57 lbs prior to surgery.

BeginsToday
on 6/26/12 4:40 am
Hi Teasha1,

Thanks for posting Dr. Ponce De Leon's diet plan as I am thinking of going to him this fall. My BMI is 51 and Trish said it is extra for it being over 50. Did this effect you and/or did they explain the extra risks involved. I just contacted Trish today and still trying to figure out if I can do this!

Thanks for the support,
BeginsToday
Jackie00
on 6/27/12 5:51 pm
To get that BMI down under 50 would probably just take a few pounds, you can do this by the fall. Play with the BMI calculator and see how much it would take, practice some meal replacements with the protein shakes, drink lots of water, lower carbs and of course lots of protein.
Sleeved 15-Sept-2011 HW 294 Pre op weight 285 SW 279 GW 145?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

Sandy S.
on 7/23/12 3:56 pm - Skokie, IL
 BeginsToday...here's my experience I posted to someone else.....

I had a sleeve done with Dr. Ponce on July 10, 2012 with Trish as my coordinator.  She is amazing, she goes above and beyond.  With no doubts, I would go with Dr. Ponce.  What I didn't know is he is a teacher of the WLS procedures and the hospital and staff are awesome.mine hotel is charming, and Trish took me site seeing two days, which she didn't have to do.  Here's her contact info...tell her Senada sent you so she knows you are serious.  I am referring all of my friends to her and I felt 100 percent safe in Tijuana...I mention this as safety was a concern of mine.  They pick you up and drop you off at the San Diego airport.  The sleeve cost me $5,500 plus 3% ($5,660 or so) because I used my Visa to pay.  This includes two nights in the hotel, but airfare is extra and you arrange that on your own.  

Good luck!!!

Senada 

Trish M.

Patient coordinator.
Phone:619 207-4114
Cell: (661)886-4617
 www.wls4betterlife.com
Facebook 

hippychic0032
on 9/25/12 10:09 am
Thinking of having surgery with Dr ponce too.   How was it with him not speaking English.  Was it hard even with a translator?
Sandy S.
on 9/25/12 11:56 pm - Skokie, IL
The language barrier did not affect anything whatsoever.  Trish is there the whole time, with the doctor, and she speaks English as good as you and I.  The only time it is an issue is with the nurses, at night, but I told Trish my biggest 'fear' was being in pain after surgery (I wasn't hardly at all, which I found amazing, since I expected to be in as much pain as I was after my gallbladder surgery several years prior to this one), and she let the nurses know that I wanted to be on meds to relieve pain.  Otherwise, it was good to go and you are only in the hospital for two nights, then in the hotel, which is lovely especially if you have a room overlooking the pool area, with the palm tree...very relaxing.  All I can say is if I had to do it again, I would do it 100% with Dr. Ponce and Trish as his coordinator...I cannot say enough good things about Trish and all the extras she did for me that she really didn't have to at all. 
pineview01
on 9/26/12 2:41 am - Davison, MI
Thanks for this info.  I keep seeing Trish isn't a coordinator for Dr Ponce
and if you use her you get some other ghost surgeon.

I think we have some coordinators sighed up on these boards causing trouble.

All you Dr Ponce patients need to go and update/write your reviews for
us newbies researching.

I see Dr Pompa had all her patients from 09/10 go thru and update thiers.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

rainyone
on 9/26/12 2:16 am - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12
 He always has one of the other drs or Trish with him . I really think his skill is amazing ,

Not a fan of the post op examples he gives . I followed his guidelines ( the liquids,puréed etc ) but focused on protein more ( added protein shakes about a week in) I read up a lot on post op diets and have a couple examples if you pm me

HW 295 lbs,CW 195, nuts goal-210, my goal 175 surgery date April 3 in Tijuana with Dr Ponce De Leon      

Sandy S.
on 9/26/12 2:57 am, edited 9/26/12 5:11 pm - Skokie, IL
Trish is a coordinator for Dr. Ponce De Leon 100%, perhaps the only one (though I'm not sure of this).  I was there, I spent four days with her, I have pictures with Trish...so not sure if that is a typo or not.  I know that there is a lot of competition between coordinators, as they get a fee obviously for their work, but Trish is the only one that I know of (I've been researching for a long time) that basically spends time with you and plays tourist guide even.  She even bought me a get well gift while I was in the hospital.  That's why I posted to let Trish know (that is, to give my name to her as a referral) that I recommended her because I know that there are coordinators out there trying to poach clients from her and she knows it's a real person or potential client when they come recommended from a former patient. 

Take care,
Senada
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views