Dr. Ponce de Leon

Lee ~
on 6/22/12 1:27 am - CA
 I have a friend considering Dr. Ponce de Leon.  Please share your experiences.  I would really appreciate your help!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

rainyone
on 6/22/12 7:12 am - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12
I had a great experience and felt I was in good hands. I would strongly suggest using Trish as a coordinator.  It makes such a difference having someone right there to make everything run smoothly. I posted pics at

www.photobucket.com/wlstijuana

If you read my blog and other posts here you will see my experience.

I`m down 60 lbs in under 3 months!

HW 295 lbs,CW 195, nuts goal-210, my goal 175 surgery date April 3 in Tijuana with Dr Ponce De Leon      

Lee ~
on 6/22/12 8:36 am - CA
 Thank you!

Sandy S.
on 7/7/12 2:38 am - Skokie, IL
Did you do the sleeve or gastric bypass?  thanks.
Teasha1
on 6/23/12 6:03 am
VSG on 06/04/12
I had Dr Ponce de Leon as well and felt totally safe in his hands.  Trish is the only coordinator to go with, she is awesome and is there for you.

Dr. Sauceda future patient  - body will be by Sauceda!

Surgery 4 Jun 12 Dr Ponce de Leon in Mexico I was down 57 lbs prior to surgery.

Lee ~
on 6/24/12 7:26 am - CA
 Thank you! She has decided to use Trish.

KristaB
on 6/24/12 12:52 pm - St Catherines, Canada
 Another big fan of Trish and Dr. Ponce!  I was sleeved on May 10th and am almost at 50 lbs.  Couldn't be happier!
Madelaine2000
on 6/27/12 11:08 pm
Another patient of Dr. Ponce here..fabulous experience and not one one hiccup from start to finish. I used Trish as well and am so thankful I did.

Referred Dec/2011
Acceptance letter Jan 24/12
VSG MAY 22 DR. PONCE DE LEON MEXICO
7.5 months - 70 pounds!!!

jax0601
on 6/28/12 10:57 pm - NV
I am so glad that there are several patients who have shared their positive experiences about having the VSG done with Dr. Ponce. I want to thank you all ! Myself and a friend will be headed down for my VSG next week. My surgery will be next Thursday :) I am so excited.

Thanks again everyone
its-killen-me
on 7/2/12 5:16 am - Selkirk, Canada
DS on 06/14/12
I had the duodendal switch surgery with Dr. Ponce de Leon on June 14, 2012. I had excellent care at the hospital and the surgical team is awesome.  I can say that I had better care in Mexico than I would have at home.  The doctors here check on you maybe once or twice in the time you are in hospital.  Doctor Ponce checked on me twice a day.  I don't think and hour went by with out a nurse checking on me changing IV bags or giving me antibiotics.  I was really scared about going to Mexico, I have never left Canada before. I was really impressed.  The hospital was spotless, they changed the bedding everyday need it or not.  That doesn't happen in manitoba, they change it when you leave unless there is a mess.  The only problem I had was my medical guide didn't show up. ( her name was Laurie Wolf aka Laurie Carr) She received the money and only booked the flights. The doctors looked after me and my 2 family members got them the other stuff that was promised me. Also there was another coordinator there who helped us out her name was Trish.  I really wish I had booked through her, but it all worked out in the end.  Doctor Ponce also gives you a dvd of the surgery.  any other questions you can pm me. 
ps. I emailed my med guide after I got home, she hasn't replied yet.  I don't expect she will
Dr. Jamie Ponce de Leon - Medical guide Laurie Wolf Received money Never showed up - Only thing booked were flights.  Surgeon and Medical team, and hospital were awesome .  There is another Medical guide named Trish she is good.  PM me for info.    
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views