Dr. Fernando Garcia!!!? HELP!!

(deactivated member)
on 6/13/12 11:32 pm
VSG on 08/25/12
I have to make a desision on a doctor this week. anyone hear anything about this doctor good or bad? or been sleeved by him? i cant find anything bad on him but then again i really cant find much on him. i just dont want to die or have complications!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks
to_be_thin_again
on 6/13/12 11:47 pm - Moody, AL
 I am being sleeved by dr. Garcia on Jul 2.  I haven't seen anything negative about him on ant board or website.  I feel very confident with my decision.

Bust16
on 1/24/15 5:38 am

How was your experience with Dr. Gracia? Everything work out fine? Doing well with it?

Madelaine2000
on 6/14/12 10:25 am
Can you write to the clinic and get his credentials and maybe that would reassure you? How did you hear about him?

Referred Dec/2011
Acceptance letter Jan 24/12
VSG MAY 22 DR. PONCE DE LEON MEXICO
7.5 months - 70 pounds!!!

to_be_thin_again
on 6/14/12 1:01 pm - Moody, AL
 I am scheduled with Dr. Garcia on July 2.  here is a direct link to see his credentials and there are some reviews:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/profiles/bariatric-surgeon/fernando-garcia/.  there is also another website called Vertical Sleeve Talk.  There are some reviews on there as well.    

I am going through A Lighter Me and I just emailed one of the coordinators and asked some specifics.  I very bluntly asked if he had ever had a patient to die?  the answer was "No.". I asked about mortality rate and she didn't have one for him specifically but said the overall mortality rate for VSG was 0.05% (in Mexico).  I have only read one review that may have seemed a little negative but you never know.  some people are harder to please than others.  That patient didnt have any complications that I can recall.  I think maybe she just didnt connect with him very well.  She also remarked about the hospital but I dont know what hospital it was. I feel very good about my choice but it is a very personal decision.  you should feel 100% confident in your decision.  dig as deep as you can so you will have peace of mind.  Good luck.
tlhendley
on 7/2/12 11:21 am
I hope everything went well today! I am thinking about booking through a lighter me as well and would love to hear about your experiences and success to come.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views