Passport problems!!

missmachine
on 6/3/12 4:43 pm
RNY on 08/13/13
I am scheduled for surgery in MX on the 11th, and I have not received my passport yet, although I requested expidited service and I sent it out a month ago.  When I called the help line, they said I could go to my local passport agency, but I would need to apply again...however, I already sent in all my documents so I do not have any proof to apply WITH, and it's too late to order a new birth certificate in time! This is extremely frustrating.  I already have plane tickets and everything.  I need to get my passport this week or I am f*****.  They are aware of my travel dates/plans.  Advice?  I'm ready to fly up to the Portsmouth national passport angency and take care of it in person, but that's another $500+ dollars!

Lisa S.
on 6/4/12 2:37 am - NV
VSG on 07/09/12
I am so sorry to hear about your delay. Could you possible reschedule your surgery??? I just ordered my passport last week. I scheduled my surgery for august...just in case. Don't stress out just yet. I will pray for you.

ND2BTHN
on 6/9/12 1:13 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/16/12
 I've heard that as long as you have proof that you applied for a passport, it's ok if your American. However I understand your worry. I would look into the border rules, and possibly reschedule if you need to. 

HW: 235   SW:227   Preopw:218   GW:120   HT:5'3  
Lori P.
on 6/9/12 2:54 pm - Kenosha, WI

While I don't recommend this approach, this was my experience....

I went with my daughter to Tiajuana as she was having a sleeve.  I lost my passport in the airport on the way there.  

At that point, I was already in California and there was no way I was going to hold up my daughters surgery.  I was freaking out as we were driving to Mexico...of course thinking I will not be able to return!  The driver assured me I would have no problems as I still had my drivers liscense. 

On the way back into the US, I was questioned...I gave my answers and they looked over my drivers lisence.  They let me cross the boarder...no problems.

SW 212 / Goal 130 / Current 130

PhoenixRise
on 6/24/12 2:39 pm - San Diego, CA
A lady just recently had hers done in Mexico with the doctor I am going to and didn't have a passport she brought her ID card and her birth certificate and they let her cross back. THEY CAN NOT DENY YOU ENTRY INTO YOUR COUNTRY OF ORGIN. They can however make you go to second inspection and verify your a citizen and let you cross. So it may take you like 3 hours to cross but you will cross. DON'T LET THAT WORRY YOU IF YOU DON'T GET IT IN TIME. YOU WILL BE FINE, JUST HAVE YOUR ID AND BIRTH CERTIFICATE TO CROSS BACK. AND IF YOU HAVE PROOF YOU APPLIED THEY WILL LET YOU CROSS BACK WITH OUT YOUR PASSPORT. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views