My surgery w/ Dr. Ponce De Leon

BeautyVGSJourney
on 5/18/12 6:30 am - Fort Worth, TX

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share that I just had surgery with Dr. Ponce de Leon in Tijuana Mexico one week ago today!  I am doing awesome!!! no pain, no vomiting, no anything!  I had no gas pains after surgery and no pain on my surgical site or drain (the only pain I had was my lower back because of a back injury I had years ago and the laying down did not helped it any!)  I am working on putting my surgery as well as other pre-op and post-op videos on youtube (BeautyVGSJourney) this weekend (there are three of them there already) if anyone is interested in watching them.  I went by myself and Trish was my coordinator and I could not be happier with my experience.  Feel free to comment and/or ask any questions!

Good luck in your journeys!

rainyone
on 5/18/12 6:48 am - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12
I am just over 6 weeks since my surgery. I am so happy I made this decision and had Dr Ponce de Leon and Trish.  Every week gets better and better. 

My sister is planning on going in June to Dr Ponce as well , and I get to come and help her out this time!

I love your videos ...

HW 295 lbs,CW 195, nuts goal-210, my goal 175 surgery date April 3 in Tijuana with Dr Ponce De Leon      

tbrown9
on 5/20/13 8:12 am - Louisville, KY

I am new to this life changing surgery and I am also going having my surgery through Dr. Ponce De Leon. I was wondering how long should I be planning to stay in there during this process. I wanted to get an idea on how much the flight will cost me. Thank you for all of your post everyone! They have been very helpful in assisting with information that I need on my journey.

T.B.

rainyone
on 5/21/13 7:13 pm - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12
I had my surgery the same day I arrived ( flight was around 1:00 pm ) I spent 2 nights in hospital and one night in the hotel in tijuana . I also chose to spend an extra night in San Diego just because our flights were so early in the morning . Trisha handles all the transportion. They will get you to the airport in San Diego and back

HW 295 lbs,CW 195, nuts goal-210, my goal 175 surgery date April 3 in Tijuana with Dr Ponce De Leon      

tiacompton
on 5/18/12 10:17 am
 Wow it seems like it was smoothe sailing for you! Congrats! I have recently decided to travel to Mexico for my surgery since I am self paying. I was wondering how much it cost you and what was included with that. And I would also like if you had the emails/numbers to get in touch with Trish. Thank you and good luck with your weight loss!

thin_soon
on 7/10/12 8:30 pm
I'm going July 23 to MX and having sleeve surgery with Dr. Ponce.  I have met him and Trish and they are both great.  If you haven't got her # yet let me know I have it. 
BeautyVGSJourney
on 5/20/12 1:38 am - Fort Worth, TX
Thank you both!!!  Tia I will email you the information!  You will love your experience with Dr. Ponce and Trish!
ywgchick
on 5/29/12 12:21 pm
VSG on 05/08/14
Sounds like you're doing great. I'm thinking of following in your footsteps. Could you email me the same info you emailed Tia, please and thank you?

- Sylvie
BeautyVGSJourney
on 5/24/12 6:10 am - Fort Worth, TX
Finished posting my Mexico videos including my surgery videos if anyone is interested.  (on youtube BeautuVGSJourney)
Rene12345
on 8/3/13 11:33 am

Can you please comment on what the cost of the surgery was with Dr. Ponce de Leon and why you chose to have your surgery with him?

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views