VSG on May 28th with Dr. Kelly

cabral76
on 5/13/12 4:06 pm

I have decided on my surgery date and will be going with Dr. Kelly, I have seen many great things about him, and feel real confident with him.  I think im getting nervous, I keep looking at bad complications on the VSG, and feel that it will happen to me.  Is this Normal?  I have never went out of the country for any surgery, but I need to do this. asap. Did anyone have any problem telling their family, I am thinking of going alone, and I dont want my family to freak out. 

Thanks

Debly
on 5/13/12 11:55 pm
Be sure to check out the other forums too, esp. verticalsleevetalk.com, because they have a lot more conversations going on regarding these doctors.  I found much more information there.   There is a whole self pay, Mexico forum.
nursemichele613
on 5/15/12 3:06 pm - MI
VSG on 04/22/12
 I had my surgery with Dr. Kelly on 4/22 and went alone. it was a wonderful experience and I would do it again without hesitation. I told my family after I came back. my husband is the only one who knew when I went. I figure I am an adult and what I choose to do is my decision.
  You won't be disappointed with Dr. Kelly and his awesome team!

cabral76
on 5/15/12 10:13 pm

Thank you, I also have decided to go alone, my boyfriend was going to come with me, but after we searched for flights, i decided is best for me to go alone.   give me some info on how was your experience, some details, how you feel now, and what things you didnt like or loved..lol.  i greatly appreciated. I have started the pre-op diet, (low carb) and 3days before i would start the clear liquids.  How was your pre-op diet?, where you scared? Im terrified, I have 4 children and i keep thinking the worst things possible.

Debly
on 5/16/12 11:29 pm
Cabral, a lady just returned and is blogging her experience.  You can follow here here:

http://njsharonjourney.blogspot.mx/

Also, Slimmfast on YouTube went to Dr. Kelly!

Good luck!!!  I'm right behind you!   :)
taterville4
on 5/17/12 2:17 am, edited 5/17/12 2:17 am
I am booked with Dr. Kelly on 5/25 and the furthest I've ever been from home is from NC to Chicago.  I have actually told everyone.  I got some comments at first but I had all the questions to answer and even sent my mama a ton of links about it.  I am going alone, flying out 5/25 & flying back on a red eye 5/29.  I am actually totally excited!  mrsknoels27 (I think) posted some great post-op videos on youtube that gave me a lot of great information.

latasha38wa
on 5/29/12 2:47 pm - KY
Dr.Kelly was my surgeon too.He was awesome and trish was too.She is no longer with them but i'm sure that u will have a great experience.I did i went alone too i was a little nervous but thats to be expected. Hope everything goes well. I had my gastric bypass on 12/6/2010 and i'm down 165 lbs and i feel great.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views