Dr. Kuri

caligrl66
on 4/24/12 7:39 am - Modesto, CA

Has anyone been to Dr. Kuri in TJ.

rainyone
on 4/25/12 12:56 pm - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12
Never heard of Dr Kuri

HW 295 lbs,CW 195, nuts goal-210, my goal 175 surgery date April 3 in Tijuana with Dr Ponce De Leon      

ND2BTHN
on 4/26/12 12:47 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/16/12
 Never heard that one before.

HW: 235   SW:227   Preopw:218   GW:120   HT:5'3  
llLou
on 4/26/12 3:48 pm - Halifax NS, Canada
I had never heard of himso I looked him up but he only does the lap band.
LVActor
on 5/1/12 3:50 am - Las Vegas, NV
 I am going to Dr. Kuri on May 28th for a Band Over Bypass.  From what I've read, he has a lot of successful patients.  Originally I was going to Jerusalem Hospital because the cost was $3,900, but after doing some research, I discovered that it wasn't a Hospital, but a clinic in a strip mall.

DR. Kuri charges $5,500, but he operates in an actual hospital, and that made me feel safer.
caligrl66
on 5/1/12 2:23 pm - Modesto, CA
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I to was also considering going to Jersusalem Hospital but after further research I decided to check out Dr. Kuri.  How long did it take to get a surgery date after you initially contacted the office?  How long will your stay be in TJ?  Please keep me posted I hope all goes well with your surgery.  Thanks
LVActor
on 5/1/12 5:13 pm - Las Vegas, NV
 I made the appointment the same dayI contacted them.  So, a month before.  I am arriving in Tijuana on Monday, having surgery on Tuesday, and going home on Wed.  I live in Las Vegas, so it's only an hour flight to San Diego.

Thank you.
caligrl66
on 6/3/12 2:43 pm - Modesto, CA
Hi,
I hope all is well after your surgery, just wondering what you thought of Dr. Kuri.
Thanks
LVActor
on 6/3/12 2:53 pm - Las Vegas, NV
Things could not have gone smoother.  Dr. Kuri & his staff were very nice and all my fears were unwarranted.  The hospital was great and the care I received there was just as good as American Hospitals. 

Really, my only complaint was that the television had only two english speaking stations, and whenever I turned the TV on, they were playing Seinfeld and Big Bang Theory.

I would highly recommend having Lapband surgery with Dr. Kuri and Assoc. in Tijuana.  If you speak to his coordinator JoAnne Jackson (who couldn't have been more helpful), tell her David Rosenberg sent you.
missyshy
on 8/11/12 8:32 am - Canada
VSG on 09/21/12
Also spoke with JoAnne, and she is a sweetheart, very easy to talk to.

Can someone confirm for me as I'm now questioning a few things (ya okay nerves have kicked in) Does Kuri ONLY do lapband or does he offer other procedures?
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views