From size 18 to size 8

Msbfree
on 4/23/12 11:27 am - Red Oak, TX
I just wanted to update on my weight loss, I am currently wearing a lose size 8. Yippi... I am on the Adkins meal plan which is mostly meat and veggies. Loving life,, Dr. Alamanza did a great job. I would do it over again in a heart beat. More energy, more energy, more energy,, I never stop moving and I always enjoy what I am doing. It is a totally different life.

I am one of the few that has chosen to not disclose my surgery to anyone, with the exception of my spouse of course, who has been supportive and a great cheerleader as I have progressed through this journey. I had my surgery on 08/31/2011, I went from a size 18 to a size 8 in that short time. So when people ask me if I had a surgery, I just look at them and say "Really", I mean diet and exercise are effective tools, but "Really",, So, I kinda know that people know that I am just a big faced fibber,, but they allow me to go into this elaborate explanation about how extensive my workout is, and how few calories I take in to accomplish the great weight loss.  But even with all that I am still feeling my very best. Every now and then I want to blurt it out, but I know the backlash that would follow and the parade of stupid questions and comments, that I will not play to. So for now OH is the only place I can express my Yippi's too.. Thanks family your support has  meant the world to me!

Shrinking Fashionista
on 4/23/12 4:23 pm - TX
 That is awesome, I live in Dallas! I would love to hear your tips on losing so much weight after WLS in such a short time! You Inspire me!!

My Youtube Channel :  https://www.youtube.com/user/ShrinkingFashionista

CW:

My Surgery will be on April 30th! :-D

Msbfree
on 5/12/12 2:39 pm - Red Oak, TX
I hope your surgery went well,, NOW for that recovery period.. What a ride,, Just so that you know, Yes, all of it will pass,,  and to a certain extent those strange sensations after eating, they too will pass.. I was one of those that would vomit after eating, I had to eat slower and  chew my food better, and it did resolve.. My only little thing right now is that I will be on Nexium probably for the rest of my life, but I don't mind this. Especially since I am feeling better now in my 40's than I did in my 20's and 30's.. So I am sending you positive energy and thoughts for a speedy recovery. Then you can begin the real journey. 

NOTE: I combined my tool *(VSG) with Atkins diet (veggies and proteins only). LOTS of water, sugar free sweets, (I can't tolerate real sugar now, only on a few occasions can I enjoy a real dessert).  My exercise has been the Elliptical machine at the YMCA and that is only when I have time. Otherwise I walk in my neighborhood about an hour, about twice a week. I worked in my garden this week and dropped to a size 6, a tight size 6, but I am in them.  Smile....

Good luck,, and congratulations!!!

sarapilar
on 12/19/12 2:45 pm
VSG on 02/21/13

Congrats!  You are an inspiration.  Did you have to get any plastics done? I am going to need a low cost Plastics in Mexico...any advice?  THANKS!

"The most difficult part of changing how you live and eat is believing that change is possible. It takes a fierce kind of love for yourself."Geneen Roth

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views