Booked My Tickets for DR Joya

Shrinking Fashionista
on 4/14/12 2:18 pm - TX
Hey Ladies...

I just booked my tickets for Dr. Joya...and I am really nervous and excited........ Surgery date April 30th...What should I bring? And did anyone go there alone, my mom or brother might come but its not for sure? was it hard to be there alone?

Anyone going to be there around that time? Would love to meet...

Please advise...

Love
Maya

Bonnie M
on 4/15/12 6:30 am - Sioux Falls, SD
I went alone with no problem.  Had a wheelchair meet me to go through customs on the way home--they lift the suitcases.
Don't bring much.  I did bring a small coffee pot to heat up water and beef and chicken bullion cubes.  You'll be on clear liquids after surgery.
Good luck, he's a great surgeon.
Teasha1
on 4/15/12 7:46 am
VSG on 06/04/12
Good Luck!  Keep us posted.
rainyone
on 4/15/12 8:43 am - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12
YaY! I had my surgery with a different doctor 2 weeks ago and I already think it is going to be the best thing I've ever done.  I brought a few packets of broth mixes, some crystal light singles ( didn't use either lol) my kindle, my laptop... which I used and kept me occupied. Chapstick, gasx strips, some magazines  (found my books on my kindle too much for my attention span. ) I brought some comfy pjs. ( pants and a tank top) and I think that was the best thing ever. I felt way more comfortable in my own clothes.  A pair of easy on /off shoes like crocs are awesome for walking. If you have a comfy pillow that doesn't take much space I say go for it , but otherwise pack very light ... I had way too much stuff.

HW 295 lbs,CW 195, nuts goal-210, my goal 175 surgery date April 3 in Tijuana with Dr Ponce De Leon      

sidneystuart
on 4/16/12 11:55 am
what are gasx strips?
i am in canada too, was your trip home very long? how many days post op were you?
Shrinking Fashionista
on 4/15/12 9:31 am - TX
 Thanks for the replies!!

Aww you guys rock! I will keep you all posted...

Do they have internet at the hospital? 
Shrinking Fashionista
on 4/20/12 9:53 am, edited 4/20/12 10:01 am - TX
 Hey Ladies!

I am 9 days away from surgery, 5 days into my liquid fast! The first 3 days were so freakin HARDDDD omg, but I finally made it through and now its not so hard I stepped on the scale today and saw that I had lost 6.4 pounds! omg Please keep me in your prayers! 

My youtube pre-op diet update http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFnd1M6lKIE 

Love
Maya
My Youtube Channel :  https://www.youtube.com/user/ShrinkingFashionista

CW:

My Surgery will be on April 30th! :-D

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views